• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

A Banana with your warm-up

Started by jesster, August 17, 2004, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesster

Thought this might interest a few....

I was listening to NPR today and they mentioned musicians eating a banana before performing because there is something in them that helps to boost seretonin, thereby relaxing you which can noticeably cut the edge on your nerves.

Don't know if it works but I'm gonna try a banana before my next gig :)

Nubert Thump

It wasn't before the gig....but I've read that Robert Plant would often give John Bonham a banana after a good show.  I don't think it was for the seretonin, though.  ;D

Stewart Manley

Bananas are good. As well as L-Tryptophan, they're also packed with both simple and complex carbohydrates (the former good for immediate boost, the latter breakdown more slowly for endurance) and potassium to help with fluid balance, muscle fatigue, cramps, and so on. They have no fat, only about 110 calories per ... well, per banana. They're filling, loaded with B6, come in their own handy wrapper, and are quite amusing for ... well, all sorts of reasons.

jesster

another piece of questionable trivia....someone told me recently that banana's always have 5 sides.....

irishthump

I also heard a doctor saying that a banana is good if you have trouble sleeping at night. Probably for the same reasons that Jesster mentioned.

Interesting, good for energy, good for relaxation.