• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Rogers logo bass drum heads

Started by turtlspinr, November 30, 2005, 02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtlspinr

anyone know if there is a company out there making reproductions of Rogers logo bass drum heads?

Jon E

Todd Norris

You can also buy the stickers on Ebay and put it on any head.

Vintage Ludwig

Yes, there are stickers available, but remember you are dealing with mostly knock-offs.  They wont have certain minor details present.   For instance, I restore and collect vintage Ludwig drums.  Often, like the stainless steel kit I bought recently will have a newer reso head and no logo at all.  Or a logo that looks right at first glance, but upon closer examination something is not right.   Original Ludwig logo decals for bass drum heads always had a small trademark on the G on Ludwig and the decal is like 5" long.  Reproductions are missing the trademark, and decal is larger than it should be.  I find vintage decals from time to time, and I snatch them up when I find them.  I dont have any Rogers, decals but I do have some Slingerland and LOTS of correct Ludwig.   One thing about vintage gear-no matter who makes it, is you gotta strike when the iron is hot.  So I buy all kinds of stuff when I find it-and hang onto it, whether I need it or not just in case I ever do.  Hardware, nuts, bolts, decals, wing nuts, counterhoops, t-rods....etc.

Sean Welch

Quote from: Drum4JC on November 30, 2005, 10:42 PM
You can also buy the stickers on Ebay and put it on any head.
[/quote

That's what I did with the kick reso for my Rogers kit (after removing the huge existing REMO logo with nail polish remover.)

Like quicksfoot said, it won't fool anyone who knows what they're looking at, but for me it was ten bucks well spent!

Tony

Interstate music carries a wide variety of logo bass drum heads.