• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

whats the best to use for a crash stand ?

Started by MolMortret, January 03, 2006, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MolMortret

a drummer who's been playing since he was 13.

xdrummer2000

Hey man. I started when I was around 13 myself. It's a good age. Mr. A, the moderator on this forum, aka Keith Cronin, started at 13, and he's come a long way. His name is even on the wishlist on drummerworld.com. Hopefully you and I will get on there someday (who knows what will happen?).

But on the subject of a crash stand, I think the best stands for the price are these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/443546/

I have two of them and they work out great. They are cheap, but they are strong. And they don't do the thing that annoys me most. That thing is when you hit a cymbal and it spins and starts getting all lopsided (not even in height on both sides in the center). I have had only a few problems with that, and they are so easy to fix. I highly recommend them.

Look at the reviews if you want proof. I gave it a good rating (here, that is), and the lowest rating it got was all 1's out of 10. But he forgot to put in his true rating and he left them on 1, which the site programs as the default. But his review says they rock. And they do. For even more proof, possible recommendations, and a firsthand look at them, go to your local music store (or one that is nearest to you within reason) and ask if they have one you could see, try out, and put a cymbal on. Then try crashing it and playing with it a bit. You'll love it. I promise. Sure, there are better stands out there, but those are $10-$50+ more expensive, and I don't think you'll be needing one of those...yet!

Hope this helps man, and good luck with your drumming!

xdrummer2000  8)