• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Hand Problems

Started by mmb11x, April 22, 2006, 11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmb11x

Hello

I posted the same question a few weeks ago in the percussion forum, but didn't get much of a response.

A month and a half ago I played the congas in a band at a rally for a weekend.  And since there wasn't a microphone on the congas, I played really loud, and I put really abused my hnads.  i know, I know, bad choice.  Anyway, after the weekend I notices my fingers were unusually swollen.  I have been playing for a few years now, so this isn't the first time I have played hard and a lot or the first time my fingers have gotten swollen, but this time my fingers were abotu twice the normal diameter.  

Like I said it has been a month and a half, but still every time I hit the drum a few times my fingers immediately swell again.  They aren't in pain at all, just swollen.

Can someone offer any advice or suggestions on what might be going on.

Thanks,
mmb11x

Robyn

I would suggest that you go to the dr. at this point--really don't know what else to think about this. But anything self-limiting would have resolved itself by now. Does anything else cause the swelling? How long does it take to go away?

robyn

lilblakdak

It is possible that slightly fractured your fingers or did some deep tissue damage.  Either way take Robyns advice and see a DR.