• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip Donaho

I've went around to many sites looking for a wide mix of people interested in drums. I keep coming back here tho. Even tho I've played for over 40 years, this place is by far the best. Welcome aboard.   ;)

XGen

Hi everyone,

I've been posting for sometime, but never really introduced myself. My name is Jorge Canela, and I am Portuguese (small country next to Spain). I have playing bass for 10 years, Guitar for 8, and drums for 6 months. My main instrument is guitar, 'cause ppl kept telling me I was playing too many notes on my bass guitar :)

I did a two year audio engineering course, and actually teach several subjects at a Music Technologies Institute in Lisbon.

So basically I do everything music related: perform (live and studio, guitar and bass), compose, write lyrics, record, edit, mix, master, musical directing, arrangement work.

I love rock (I include metal under rock), prog, classical and pop. Like some other stuff too, but this is what makes me move.

I am now doing a two hour, daily drum practice routine, and expect to hit the stages with my all original band (Seed, hard rock trio) in the beggining of next year, with the production of our debut album starting at the same time.

Cheers

MersauX

Hello everybody. This is my first post here.

I have been playing drums for quite a while now. Since 2002. But, I always played in a band and never had time to really practice. I played only during rehearsals. In the last year and a half I didn't play at all, because of other obligations.

I started playing again a month ago and I'm really keen to learn playing drums properly. I never had a teacher. Internet was my only resource and it's the same now. I found this website and it's very helpful.

I've always wanted to learn how to play a double bass pedal so I bought a Sonor DP 472 R. As for the Metronome I'm using a Korg LMA 120. ;D

musicbybj

Hey,

I'm brand new around here and just wanted to say hello.

Jack 8)

Drum Slave Jack

hey Jack, tell us about yourself mate.
Jack (Me)

musicbybj

Quote from: Drum Slave Jack on August 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
hey Jack, tell us about yourself mate.
Jack (Me)
Well, I've been playing professionally for over fifty years. My background is in jazz, rock, blues, country, classical, you name it I've probably played it. I spent quite a few years in Chicago and did studio work there for about seven years and played with an eight piece horn band doing originals and BS&T, Chicago, Maynard and a lot of R&B. I was the percussion section leader for the Missoula, Montana Symphony for about three years. I've had a many and varied career from funk to big band.

I've been playing the same set of Red Sparkle Buddy Rich Celebrity Rogers Drums for over forty years. 22x14 - 9x13 - 16x16 and I added an 8x12 a few years later. I purchased my COB 1963 Dyna-Sonic new in the summer of 64. This set has been played professionally almost every week since I bought them. The greatest drums ever made. I bought my zyldjians, after four months of trying cymbals, at Franks Drum Shop in Chicago.

I'm married and have lived in Missoula, MT (The Last Best Place) for the last 32 years.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and sharing what I have from this wonderful business called music and learning from you.

Jack 8)

Mark Counts

Quote from: musicbybj on August 24, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, I've been playing professionally for over fifty years. My background is in jazz, rock, blues, country, classical, you name it I've probably played it. I spent quite a few years in Chicago and did studio work there for about seven years and played with an eight peice horn band doing originals and BS&T, Chicago, Maynard and a lot of R&B. I was the percussion section leader for the Missoula, Montana Symphony for about three years. I've had a many and varied career from funk to big band.

I've been playing the same set of Red Sparkle Buddy Rich Celebrity Rogers Drums for over forty years. 22x14 - 9x13 - 16x16 and I added an 8x12 a few years later. I purchased my COB 1963 Dyna-Sonic new in the summer of 64. This set has been played professionally almost every week since I bought them. The greatest drums ever made. I bought my zyldjians, after four months of trying cymbals, at Franks Drum Shop in Chicago.

I'm married and have lived in Missoula, MT (The Last Best Place) for the last 32 years.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and sharing what I have from this wonderful business called music and learning from you.

Jack 8)
Welcome to the Cafe Jack,
Very interesting bio you have going there.  Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge to offer.
I will look forward to reading your posts.
                                Nutty

yankeeboy13

I was just thinking the same thing nutty.

Welcome to all the new members....you found the best drum forum in the world.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

I'm thinking BJ now owes us some pictures of that kit. ;)

NY Frank

Quote from: Gaddabout on August 24, 2007, 05:57 PM

I'll second that.

Louis Russell

To all the new drummers.  I am sure you will love the Drummer Cafe.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Louis on August 24, 2007, 06:47 PM

To all the new drummers.  I am sure you will love the Drummer Cafe.

I'll second this.  Welcome to all the new drummer to the Cafe. Great stuff there Louis.
                    Nutty

musicbybj

Quote from: Gaddabout on August 24, 2007, 05:57 PM

Where do I go to post pictures?

Jack 8)

Mark Counts

Quote from: musicbybj on August 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
Where do I go to post pictures?

Jack 8)
Hi Jack,
Click on this and upload your pic.  Go copy/paste the direct link to it and e-mail it to yourself.  http://www.imageshack.us/.
When you post it, Copy/Paste the link to the thread,  Good luck.  Can't wait to get a close up of that kit ;D?

Nutty

musicbybj

This is my setup for rock and big band. When I play small jazz groups I go with four drums. I'll get a picture of that setup and post it. Thanks for the interest.

Jack
:D

Mark Counts

Those are some Gorgeous Drums Jack.  The first kit I ever owned was Red Sparkle.
I should have never let them go.  Thanks for sharing. 
                      Nutty

NY Frank

Quote from: musicbybj on August 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
This is my setup for rock and big band. When I play small jazz groups I go with four drums. I'll get a picture of that setup and post it. Thanks for the interest.

Jack
:D

Fantastic!

Many years ago, my drum teacher had a treasured Rogers kit that I used to lust after.
Sounded Incredible.

Bart Elliott

A big welcome to all of our new Drummer Cafe members!

Tae

Hey guys, I'm not new here but its been a very long time, I doubt most remember me lol. I've learned so much from this place and am glad to be back.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Tae on September 08, 2007, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm not new here but its been a very long time, I doubt most remember me lol. I've learned so much from this place and am glad to be back.
Hi Tae,
Yea, but I don't think you have posted for about a year.  Good to see you back ;D.
                       Nutty