• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drummer Cafe ... social networks

Started by Bart Elliott, January 25, 2007, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

Who will be the Drummer Cafe's one thousandth friend on MySpace? We currently have 999!  ;D

Hard to believe how quickly user base has grown. I'm also curious how many Drummer Cafe members found out about the Drummer Cafe via MySpace. If you are one of those people, please post a little something in this thread!

http://www.facebook.com/drummercafe]http://www.facebook.com/drummercafe
http://twitter.com/drummercafe]http://twitter.com/drummercafe

HDT

I'm so ashamed... I don't even have a MySpace site.  I feel like such a troglodyte.  ::)

So how much work are those sites to maintain and set up?  I really don't know that much about them. 

Bart Elliott

We just received our one thousandth MySpace Friend ... and wouldn't you know he goes by the nickname of "Ringo".

Louis Russell

Quote from: Bart Elliott on January 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
We just received our one thousandth MySpace Friend ... and wouldn't you know he goes by the nickname of "Ringo".

Thats the way to go "Ringo"   ;D

TheBeachBoy

Yup, that's actually me.  I wasn't trying to be the 1000th friend, I just didn't know about the Drummer Cafe on Myspace until I saw this thread, so I wanted to be added as a friend.  BTW, my real name's Richard, so some old bandmates nicknamed me Ringo, as I really love the Beatles.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: TheBeachBoy on January 25, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yup, that's actually me.  I wasn't trying to be the 1000th friend, I just didn't know about the Drummer Cafe on Myspace until I saw this thread, so I wanted to be added as a friend.  BTW, my real name's Richard, so some old bandmates nicknamed me Ringo, as I really love the Beatles.

Cool man!  Well, I didn't think you were trying to be the one thousandth friend, but I'm glad it was someone from the community.  8)

Bart Elliott

Has anyone noticed that MySpace has been down for over 24 hours?

I can access individual member pages, but to access the main site so I can login ... nothing.

Larry Lawless

I hadn't noticed. I think I logged on last night when I got in. Just now logged on with no trouble. Is it still not working for you?

Louis Russell

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Louis on February 05, 2007, 01:10 PM
It just worked for me!

Then it must be a DNS routing issue. Nothing to do with MySpace but rather the route my connection takes me to get to their server. It will take another 24 hours (or longer) for everything to reset. I've power-cycled my DSL modem earlier today, but that didn't resolve anything.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up Louis.

Bart Elliott

It seems to be a problem when using Internet Explorer. I don't have the problem when I use FireFox ... so it's something that MySpace has done in their development this weekend that Internet Explorer doesn't like.  :-\

Louis Russell

Quote from: Bart Elliott on February 05, 2007, 04:24 PM
Internet Explorer doesn't like.  :-\

Hummmm, using IE7 i get this error. 

Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.  This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group.

Using IE6 works great.  It also worked great from the Department computers which are really secure.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Louis on February 05, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hummmm, using IE7 i get this error. 

Yes, it's IE7 that gets the error. I don't have IE6 anymore.

Dave Heim

Quote from: Bart Elliott on February 05, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yes, it's IE7 that gets the error. I don't have IE6 anymore.

I believe there's a patch on Microsoft's website that allows IE7 to emulate IE6 for situations like this.  If I can dig up the link, I'll post it.

Louis Russell

I sent a PM to Bart but for everyone else my IE7 works now.

Bart Elliott

IE7 works on MySpace now.

I don't fault MySpace with this. Every time Microsoft makes a change it seems that web designers have to change the way they develop and design the website. When IE7 came out, I had to make some substantial changes here at the Drummer Cafe. Unfortunately there is not a standard that everyone can/will follow ... which makes it extremely different to "be all things" to all browsers.

Louis Russell

Quote from: Bart Elliott on February 06, 2007, 08:44 AM
Unfortunately there is not a standard that everyone can/will follow

Even if there were a standard there would continue to be non-conforming software being developed.  I guess with almost everyone on my space now I should get my "my space" up and running.

Bart Elliott

Looks like MySpace is feeling the heat; people are leaving and going to Facebook.

MySpace has been adding apps and now the chat.  :-\  Too little too late? Perhaps; we'll see.

With technology as it is, I wish they wouldn't show me all those nasty/seedy images and ads for dating services, horror films, etc. My account shows that I'm on MySpace to network, not to find online romance; why can't they just show ads that fit my demographic.

Jon E

I'm always 2 steps behind on that stuff.  By the time I start Twittering eveyone else will be FlapDoodling.

"I space You space We all space for My space!"

Chip Donaho

Quote from: Jon E on May 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
"I space You space We all space for My space!"
Must be a 60's child.  ;D