• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Old Guy Elbow & Shoulder Pain

Started by donelk, March 13, 2008, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR

What are Bee venom capsules?  Is there a particular brand you like?  Does it still seem to work for you?

Quote from: mouse on June 05, 2009, 07:47 PM
I take gluco combined with bee venom capsules which is a natural cortisone, and they seem to work.

NY Frank

I'm not dealing with Old Guy Elbow & Shoulder Pain - yet - but I am dealing with:

- Old guy back pain and weakness
- Fat guy back pain and weakness - and lack of aerobic ability.

Sometimes I hoist a speaker - and I really, really feel big time tightness.
I try to pretend like I'm not hurting.    :)     

Big Yummy

I take low-dose aspirin daily.  It helps to prevent a lot of stiffness and aching, and it has other health benefits as well.

I also keep in mind the old joke - "Doctor, Doctor! It hurts when I do this."  "Then don't do that."

No pain, no pain.  That's my motto.

Susan Wood

- Fat guy back pain and weakness -

What about a back-rest on the drum throne?

NY Frank

Quote from: Susan on June 27, 2009, 02:39 PM

- Fat guy back pain and weakness -

What about a back-rest on the drum throne?

Yeah - I think that would help me a great deal.

Chip Donaho

I tried a backrest for a short time. It drove me nuts. I've sat on a swivel throne for so many years it just felt weird to me. Even when I sat in for a drummer at a gig I couldn't wait to get away from that backrest.
Try before you buy, that's a pretty personal item.  ;)

Dave Heim

On the recommendation of my chiropractor I've been using a throne with a backrest for several years now (Roc-n-Soc tractor seat model). 

He also suggested sitting with my thighs parallel to the ground or a tad higher - but not lower.  Those turned out to be great suggestions.

While I still ache a bit after some gigs, it's more from the schlepping than the playing or posture.

Chip Donaho

Quote from: Dave Heim on June 28, 2009, 01:27 PM
Roc-n-Soc
Even without a back, switching to a Roc-N-Soc made a huge difference for me.  ;)