Topic: Anthrax and drum making  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Jim R.

• Cafe VIP
Anthrax and drum making
« on: November 03, 2008, 01:29 PM »
Has anyone every heard of such I thing? I haven't. Almost seemed like it was satirical at first.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7706239.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7706239.stm
So much to do, so little mind.

Offline Jim R.

• Cafe VIP
Re: Anthrax and drum making
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55 PM »
I thought this article would have more response. I really think this is what happened to one of the Spinal Tap drummers.
So much to do, so little mind.

Offline Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I really think this is what happened to one of the Spinal Tap drummers.
Wow, is that right? I haven't heard of Spinal Tap for quite some time. But I did read that article. Made me glad I use Aquarian heads.  :D
Craviotto-DW-Mapex-Slingerland
Paiste-Zildjian
"When you quit learning you start dying."-My Grandfather

Offline metalshredder

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23 AM »
Well, Anthrax, aka, Mad Cow Disease, had an outbreak in Europe a while back anyway.  Maybe a few years ago, by now, right?  Come to think of it, wasn't that before the 9/11 attacks?  I remember this because they called it "mad cow" instead of Anthrax, again, before terrorists were sending it to people in the mail....

So if you dont get the skin directly from infected animals, is there really any risk?  The article mentions processed skins not having hardly any risk at all...

I guess it all comes down to 'who gets what from where', right?

Chip, I think its reassurance to all of us who simply use sticks, lol!
Crush 5pc Clear with light kit, Pearl Reference 5pc Granite Sparkle, Pearl Free Floating Brass Snare, OCDP 14x7 25-ply snare, Paiste Cymbals, Tama Iron Cobra pedals

Offline metalshredder

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:02 AM »
Maybe this will stir the pot a little... ;)

Perhaps the moral of the story is to stay away from hand percussion?  *wink?
Crush 5pc Clear with light kit, Pearl Reference 5pc Granite Sparkle, Pearl Free Floating Brass Snare, OCDP 14x7 25-ply snare, Paiste Cymbals, Tama Iron Cobra pedals

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram