• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

NYF Injury update

Started by NY Frank, November 07, 2008, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip Donaho

Quote from: New York Frank on December 05, 2008, 11:12 AM
If only I was kicking a$$ *before* the accident. 
I was kicking butt at the time of the accident for me. I tried a few times to get my butt going. But I don't think my mind was ready yet. Now I'm at the point where I again want to do it. I'm excited that a friend is stopping by soon and playing my drums. I have a feeling that may be a turning point again and bring the love back to play again. I've slowly been letting both my mind and my body get back to the level I was at. Take it easy, your mind and your body will tell you. I've been through this before and am hoping I'm wiser in the process.   ???

Todd Norris

Cool Frank, glad to hear you're moving along!  Keep us posted!

NY Frank

No pain at all now while playing - and after.

Outside of the fact that it will be a long time bringing this from 85 to 100 percent, this thing is essentially - behind me now.

And I'm very grateful.

skinbeatergreg

Really glad to hear you're doing better.  Take care of yourself!

JJ

Frank,
     Hey, it is really good to hear you are doing so well!
I have been out for a few months with a small hip dislocation and torn up hamstring in the left leg only to follow a few weeks later with a torn up hamstring in the right leg.  Way too old to be doing karate.  Been sitting on ice for months.  Brrrr.
     Anyway, I was able to sit down and play last night.  It felt great untill Riding the Storm Out, then I was just huffing and puffing. 
     I hope things just keep getting better for ya.  Let us know.
Jen

Larry Lawless

Quote from: Jennifer on December 27, 2008, 09:45 PMWay too old to be doing karate.

That's been exactly my same thought since coming out of my last belt test with a cracked rib!
Good to see you back on the board, Jennifer, and a speedy recovery to you!

Frank, so good to hear of your success. With your determination, the kicking will come before you know it.