• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Ever lost weight or noticed a huge difference in muscle playing drums?!

Started by Johnobonham, November 09, 2008, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnobonham

Hey guys i was just interested if anyone noticed a difference in thier body after playing drums over a certain period of time. I played drums 3 days in a row an hour a day! and i noticed my body already taking form. I play prety furiously, any other stories?

Johno

smoggrocks

just about any repeated motion, coupled with an aerobic component, will have an impact on your body. i definitely think drummers develop drum muscles and musculature if they do it long enough.

i was definitely thinner when i was rehearsing and gigging regularly. schlepping gear keeps you in good shape.  :D

Erk

Well drumming made me start eating right at the age of 14 I'm 18 now and I still try to eat good, and I drink tons of water....I think whenever you get searious about anything you try to take a more mature/healthy approach about life.

Seeing as drum set is the most phyiscal instrument, you are obviously going to see a lot of results, expecially building muscles. Also you need to be fit to play this instrument, I'm not saying you have to have 100% muscle and no %, but you need to be in shape. Just my opinion, and I've talked to a lot of professional drummers who feel the same way.

Patrick Quigley

When I'm out on the road touring, my body really shapes up.  I lose weight and gain a lot of muscle from playing every day. I wish I had the time to keep it up while I'm at home.