• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Remo Skyndeep Heads?

Started by Bob Bartley, November 14, 2008, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Bartley

I just ordered a complete set of the new Remo Skyndeep heads for my congas and bongos. From the Remo web site and some videos they look and sound pretty nice. I was wondering if anyone here has tried these out yet.

Hey Bart, I put the link for the video web site for these heads on this post and it imbedded the video in it when I previewed it. I that OK to do?

chilledbongo

i havent heard about or seen these yet, but im curious now...

how are they different from fibreskyn 3's which i own, but can't say i particularly like?

i would love to get my hands on some real mule skin heads, but i'm afraid to try mounting them myself.

Chip Donaho

Quote from: chilledbongo on November 14, 2008, 11:42 AM
i would love to get my hands on some real mule skin heads, but i'm afraid to try mounting them myself.
Just soak the heads good in water. Start stretching from one side, then the other side and so on. Mounting it as evenly as you can. When the head dries good then hope you got it right the first time. Too lose you can go around and stretch as needed to achieve the tone you want. But if it's already too tight better hope you left something to work with. I'm sure Bart knows what I'm mean, I've been in that spot. :o 

dizz

Quote from: Chip Donaho on February 03, 2009, 12:46 PM
I've been in that spot. :o 

Doh Chip,  You've been soaked and stretched too?

Chip Donaho