Topic: djembe  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Susan Wood

• Cafe VIP
djembe
« on: April 23, 2009, 05:17 PM »
My housemate, a professional flutist, just started djembe lessons at the university and needs to buy one.She prefers one that is not tuned with ropes.Can you recommend a brand like Toca etc. that would be suitable and not break the bank?Drum must be larger than the one she has which is 9 inches in diameter;her instructor said that was too small.She would contact him, but he is out of town until her lesson next week.She is going to teach me once she learns,so I have a vested interest in this.Any info would be great.Thanks, Bart.

Offline Susan Wood

• Cafe VIP
Re: djembe
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:49 PM »
Update:She just walked in with a Moperc djembe made by a Canadian Company so we're good to go.Now where are my ear-plugs???

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Sorry I was unable to get back to you sooner.

I'm not familiar with Moperc. You'll have to give us all an update on the forum as to what you think of the drum.

Offline Susan Wood

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 07:21 AM »
To my inexperienced ears, the djembe sounds good, but I know nothing about djembes;it certainly "looks" like a quality instrument and the company has an impreesive web site, so you might want to check it out.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram