• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Sprained (?) finger....???

Started by Jon E, September 06, 2009, 06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon E

OK, I woke up from a nap yesterday and my left ring finger was swollen, throbbing, and hurt like a mudduh.  WHAT could I have possibly done to it in my sleep??!!  You know you're getting old when you A) need a nap, and B) get hurt sleeping!!

Anyway, I splinted it and took some Advil.  This morning it seems much better (Thankfully).

Just a another crazy, drumming-effecting injury with no cool story to go with it.  Harumph.

Dave Heim

Quote from: Jon E on September 06, 2009, 06:59 AM
OK, I woke up from a nap yesterday and my left ring finger was swollen, throbbing, and hurt like a mudduh.  WHAT could I have possibly done to it in my sleep??!!  You know you're getting old when you A) need a nap, and B) get hurt sleeping!!

Anyway, I splinted it and took some Advil.  This morning it seems much better (Thankfully).

Just a another crazy, drumming-effecting injury with no cool story to go with it.  Harumph.

Insect bite?

dizz

Quote from: Jon E on September 06, 2009, 06:59 AM
You know you're getting old when you A) need a nap, and B) get hurt sleeping!!

:D lol.  Is there no place safe anymore?!

Jon E

OK, here's the thing.....

My finger is fine now.    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It is only the tiniest bit sore.  The swelling is gone, etc.  I've been working in the garage all day like nothing ever happened. 

It is SO weird.

Robyn

Probably just tweaked it on something. I do this all the time, too much of a klutz.  I'll probably have to have all my finger joints replaced by the time I'm 60.  ::)

robyn

Louis Russell

I bet you were really twirling your drumsticks and you are embarrassed to admit you injured it watching the "You too can Twirl" DVD.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I bet over half of us have done the same thing too!  Not me of course but the others on here.   ;D

Chip Donaho

Quote from: robyn on September 07, 2009, 12:24 AM
I'll probably have to have all my finger joints replaced by the time I'm 60. 
Nope, I'm still here in one piece.  ;)

Louis Russell

Quote from: Chip Donaho on September 08, 2009, 10:43 AM
Nope, I'm still here in one piece.  ;)

Me too!  Well, pretty much anyway.   ;D

NY Frank

Jon E

Miraculously healed.  (see above)

Susan Wood

Maybe a flare-up of arthritis??

Jon E

Susan Wood

Quote from: Jon E on September 15, 2009, 07:12 AM
Arthur who???   ;)
Okay, take two aspirins and PM me in the morning.......