• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Stanton Moore - Drumset Clinics

Started by Bart Elliott, February 19, 2010, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bachman

His clinic was great last night! He is a funky funky dude, and beautifully quirky with his playing. I love that he truly is a lifelong student continually transcribing and learning grooves and tunes. I look forward to reliving some of it on here, thanks Bart!

Bart Elliott

Drummer/photographer, Rick Malkin, took this photo of Stanton and myself.
I have no idea what I'm doing with my hands; it looks like I'm showing Stanton my new manicure or something.  LOL ;D

Mark Pedersen

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Mark Pedersen on March 11, 2010, 01:41 PM
Feeling the vibe!!! ;D

There you go ... I'm feeling the vibe and heat coming from the kit after Stanton played.  ;)

donelk

"Oh, so you like to keep it low!"

Bart Elliott

Excerpts from Stanton's clinic ... now showing on Drummer Cafe TV.

I'll have the entire two-hour clinic available soon in the Premium Resources very soon.

Todd Norris

Those clips are great!  I can't wait for the entire clinic!  Kudos for Stanton for allowing this! 

PS:  Also love the life=risk vignette at the end! 

David Stanoch

Excellent work, Bart!

Thanks for hooking this up w/Mr & Mrs. Moore - a nice feather in your cap and a great treat for all of here. I look forward to seeing the rest!

Stanton is so laid back and open. I just love watching him work and tapping my toes.

"BAM - I sound like me!" he says...We should all be so lucky!

dizz

Quote from: Bart Elliott on March 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
Excerpts from Stanton's clinic ... now showing on Drummer Cafe TV.

I'll have the entire two-hour clinic available soon in the Premium Resources very soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the excerpts of the Moore clinic on DrummerTV!!  A treat indeed

Bart Elliott

Okay ... two hours worth of video footage from Stanton's clinic here in Nashville ... now available in the Premium Resources.

http://www.drummercafe.com/education/video-footage/stanton-moore-2010-drum-clinic.html

Michael Beechey

Wow, what a great clinic. Thanks so much - Bart. I really appreciated his open and  helpful attitude. It was a very interesting contrast to a clinic I went to with a drumming legend who did a long bombastic and incredible technically abstract solo, played with some tracks, but appeared sullen or resentful and I didn't get anything I could actually use out of the two hours. I left with a headache and wondering what I just heard. Maybe that's just his particular public/life mask.

I sure got some great stuff from the Moore clinic: the importance of:  humility, being in a life-long learning mode, not being overly self-critical, the critical need for self-education - learning from and adding to the rich past legacy of world-wide drumming traditions, the importance of simple grooves played with conviction, practicing and continually advancing, maximizing practice time,etc etc etc. I LOVE his approach and playing style.

Bart I posted your main page link on another of my favorite forums, hope you get some membership from it.

David Stanoch

Just a head's up, Twin Cities: This week it's our turn...

A Clinic with Stanton Moore
Friday, April 9, 2010
8:00pm - 9:30pm

Ellis Drum Shop St. Paul   
524 Snelling Avenue   
Saint Paul, MN
http://www.ellisdrumshop.com

Galactic's playing @ the Cabooze @ 11P or so immeadiately afterwards.
http://www.cabooze.com

Be there or be square!

Hannah Ford

Stanton's headed to Chicago for the 10th.  I'll be with him at 3:30 that afternoon for an hour of one on one quality Funk education then its sound check with Galactic!!!  I love my life...lol

Show at The Vic later that night!!

If you haven't seen Stanton Moore with Galactic ya don't wanna miss it.

Hannah  

Bart Elliott

Sign up to take a special masterclass with Galactic's Stanton Moore on Friday, February 18th at 5:00pm on stage at Park West in Chicago.  The fee for this 90 minute class is $75.  Seating is limited to only 5 students so don't miss this opportunity to study with one of today's greatest drummers in a unique environment.

Contact The Drum Pad to reserve a spot today and be sure to catch Galactic in concert later that night featuring special guest Corey Glover from 'Living Colour'. Park West is located at 322 W. Armitage Avenue in Chicago.   

The Drum Pad
847-934-8768
http://www.thedrumpad.com]www.thedrumpad.com

Bart Elliott

Tuesday, May 3 · 4:00pm - 7:00pm

Blue Nile
532 Frenchmen St
New Orleans, LA

The Jazz Fest performance workshop series is an up close and intimate experience with some of your favorite musicians. Come learn what motivates, inspires, and influences these musicians. These workshops are not only for the serious musicians but also for the dedicated fans as well.
All ages welcome!

Stanton Moore and Johnny Vidacovich will present a rare and intimate workshop that will discuss and explore the history of New Orleans drumming and the student/teacher relationship.

Tickets on sale at the door for $15 All ages welcome.

David Stanoch

Hannah Ford