• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Fotos on the Fridge

Started by Bart Elliott, January 24, 2011, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

I'm looking for quality photos of unique drum or percussion instruments (or set-ups) to appear on the Drummer Cafe Refrigerator.

Do you think you can help?

If you said "yes", you'll first need to take a high-resolution photo (600x900 or larger, 300 dpi) of your favorite/special drum, cymbal or set-up. Upload your photo to Facebook, Photobucket, or any other place you'd like to host your image. Post the URL to your photo, here on this thread and include your full name (if not already visible), a complete description of what we're seeing in the photo, plus any additional information that you believe others would find interesting.

Please don't post multiple shots of the same instrument or set-up. You choose the best photo and post it.

Each week I'll be choosing one unique photo to place on the fridge here at the  http://www.drummercafe.com]Drummer Cafe , feature it in the free weekly newsletter, The PRess Roll, as well as share it on the  http://www.facebook.com/drummercafe]Drummer Cafe Facebook  and  http://twitter.com/drummercafe]Twitter  page.

The photo quality, meaning a high-resolution image (1920x1080 would be best) with good composition, definitely counts, as well as the uniqueness of the instrument and/or set-up, will be a role in my choice.  8)

Please... just one entry per individual, per week.

Brett Conroy

This is from a session I did with a singer songwriter that I have been playing with for about 2 years now. 

The Photo shows:
Yamaha Bamboo Custom Snare (Actually a very rare snare if anyone knows about it, not many were sold as the Bamboo was so hard to work with, but the sound is absolutely INCREDIBLE!)
Pearl Hi Hat Stand
Dream Hi Hats
Me. haha

Tim van de Ven

Here's one for your consideration, Bart; it's three of my Tibetan Singing Bowls and Ting-Sha.

I took this photo using a 2 second shutter speed and "painted light" with a flashlight to warm up the image.

As an interesting note; one of the smaller bowls and the Ting-Sha were purchased at the very first Osheaga Music and Arts Festival in Montreal in Summer of 2006. Drummer Cafe's very own Chris Whitten played at that festival earlier that afternoon. He was playing with World Party. Then, as most of you know, I then played that Festival in 2010 with Amanda Mabro.

ambadextro

Hello D.C. and Bart...

Here is a FaceBook link to my pic.
I look forward to all entries! This will be fun. Not sure how to insert the link other than to just past it in...hope this works.

ambadextro

Not to be a pain...but when I uploaded my High quality pic to FB, it re sized it etc.
The orig. pic is 12MB.
Can I insert if here and if so how...?
My apologies...
amba

Bart Elliott

Quote from: amba on January 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
Not to be a pain...but when I uploaded my High quality pic to FB, it re sized it etc.
The orig. pic is 12MB.
Can I insert if here and if so how...?

If I should decide to use a particular photo, I'll contact you for a higher resolution if needed. I just want the highest resolution possible so I can resize or compress as needed. I want you all to look good!!!  ;D

Brian Klammer

1960 Ludwig kit, with a 28" 1968 Ludwig concert bass converted for use with a kick.

Tim van de Ven

Perhaps another?

This is the very first Skull Gong made by Steve Hubback; it was sent to me by Matt Nolan.

Steve's next round of skull gongs look very different compared to this one.

And he sounds fantastic!

Ken Gordon

I am in the process of refurbishing them BUT, there is a rub,I don't know anything about them neither does anyone else on this big ol'
planet of ours.
If anyone has info ,please let me know./img]

Ken Gordon

I am having trouble getting a photo on here of my kit.please help . It will be worth it I Promise.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Ken Gordon on January 03, 2012, 09:07 PM
I am having trouble getting a photo on here of my kit.please help . It will be worth it I Promise.

Ken, you need to host the photo elsewhere; there is no upload photo feature here at the Drummer Cafe.

P.S. This is an old thread.