• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Vater Love

Started by NY Frank, February 04, 2011, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NY Frank

I own a pretty extensive collection of - failed sticks.   I have spent a fair amount of coin trying different sticks.   

I grew up with Regal Tips, and through all the experiments, I always found my way back to them. 

But, I have a new stick love, and it has stuck for quite some time.    I gave some Vater 7A Sugar Maples a ride, and I haven't looked back.   I Love these sticks, and these have actually bumped my Regal Tips aside.   

While playing today, I noticed I had two other Vater accessories on my kit - stick holder, and drink holder.   I guess I am officially a Vater lover now.

Paicey

Frank, its been quite a few years ago but i remember writing the company in praise of their Josh Freese stick and the company prez sent me some vater stick key chains , a pair of Josh sticks and a Vater stick bag. To this day i still use my Vater stick bag. Vater rules!!!.

Jason Runyon

I had used many sticks and looked on their site for a stick most closely matched what I was playing at the time.  It was the Stewart Copeland signature model.  I also use the recording sugar maple on my electronic kits because it is very similar sized but a bit lighter for the mesh heads.  Count me in as a vater convert as well!

J

MOUSE

I'm in ....  Vater Power 5A's are getting a beating in my house. I like the feel and balance of these 16 1/2" x 585.  8)

Alan Barnes

I'm with on the Vater love.  Something about the feel and finish that is just comfortable.  My Vater of choice are the supper jazz maple wood tips.  Great length and wieght.   On  tunes when I need a little beefier stick, I use Vater SD9 or Blazer (wood tip maple). Anyone use the Vater Sweet Ride? How to they compare? Just for the record, 54 yr old 2nd generation drummer.
Keep swingin' and don't sweat the fills...

VickHick

I use the Vater Super Jazz also.  I have a pair of the Sweet Rides, but I don't care for them.  They are a little shorter and the weight is toward the front of the stick.

Stefan Brodsky

I'm with you on this one. Once I started playing again about 13 years ago, I vascillated between various Vic Firth and Regal Tip models, including the Chester Thompson signature. I too, tried a pair of the Vater Sugar Maple 5As and it's been lights out on all others, except maybe the Vater Manhattan 7As, for softer songs. Either way, I don't think I'm going back. I would like to try the Nude 5A/Hickory, but haven't been able to find 'em at several local retailers. I too have a Vater stick holder and a set of Vater ear plugs.