• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

A cool gig - for me

Started by NY Frank, August 15, 2011, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NY Frank

So, I now work for an amazing organization.  A charitable non profit Christian organization caring for people around the globe.   27 countries to be exact.   It was a great blessing to actually land there.  I expect to be there on my last day on the planet.  I'm Home.

Anyway, I have to shamelessly brag about a gig.   The organization has a band that plays at employee functions.   Many of these players do this, but do Not play out ever.   When I arrived, they were Flush with players, including a drummer who has played with them for several years.

Well, an opportunity came up to play out at a resort in the area.   The deal was that the company band would play, and then the pay would be donated back to our charitable organization. 

When this opportunity came up, the day players scurried.  :)   Enter: Frank.  :)   
I'm going to be their night drummer for these events.   It feels great knowing the playing
actually generates a small amount of income for the organization.   

First night is August 26.   Say a prayer for a prosperous, fun night.

Larry Rankine

Go for it Frank!  Break a leg!   8)

Bill Bachman

That great, & you got it!

It's always good when you know your music is making a positive difference. A few years ago I was playing at a frat party and think, "The Lord probably didn't give me a love for drumming so that I could do this with it."

NY Frank

Quote from: Bill Bachman on August 16, 2011, 12:01 AM
A few years ago I was playing at a frat party and think, "The Lord probably didn't give me a love for drumming so that I could do this with it."

I have those moments, too. 

Todd Norris

Very cool!  Keep us posted!

Daniel Heier

Congrats! Have a great time man!