• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Looking for Advice on Cymbal Shopping

Started by Josh Servania, February 01, 2012, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Gryder

Quote from: Pär Nilsson on March 05, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'm a hard hitting drummer and I agree on the saturation issue. I also have an angle parallell to the floor. I think advices you recieved pretty much depicts your options.I would like to add thick to cymbals to the list. The produce a high sound volume and  manage to cope with harder striked. Though the sound will last for quite some time and thereby compromise your style of playing.I use a 18" bell ride as crash and almost identical to my 18" crash. The crash. The crash has cracks while the ride have not.

I do the same. I got the idea from the drummer from Local H. :)

Matthew Bruce

Gary Robust

Try out some ride cymbals to use as crashes. I tried out a 20in medium Paiste pst5 ride for the heck of it as a crash and now its the smallest cymbal on my set up lately. I would keep a smaller crash around though for some styles of music that my require it. Using the 20in pst5, 21 zildjian sweet ride and a 22 a custom medium ride. usually just 2 of the 3 pending on the music. The pst5 series I think are the best of the cheaper sheet cymbals. Still using the hats I bought 5 yrs ago.

Walter Beyer

Unrelated in ways, but, I have a 20" Zildjian China Trash, and folks prefer & say my Wuhan 16" china sounds better, at any volume,  or style played...

Scott Hutton

If your a heavier player you need to go with a heavier cymbal. A Heavy or Rock model is best.