• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Won't Get Fooled Again Isolated - Drums

Started by Steve Phelps (Shoeless), July 25, 2012, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Acrolite

Wow, that's awesome! I love the Who, but I always found it very difficult to cover their songs. Keith Moon managed to keep a steady driving beat while creating all that sonic mayhem, which is EXTREMELY challenging. What an awesome rock drummer!

David Stanoch

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on July 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I love the Who, but I always found it very difficult to cover their songs. Keith Moon managed to keep a steady driving beat while creating all that sonic mayhem, which is EXTREMELY challenging. What an awesome rock drummer!

Oh. Yes.

And THANKS for posting, Shoeless!

dizz

Nice!  Stuff like this reminds me of 'behind the scenes' dox for movies where they explain how they accomplished some kind of FX trick or the like

If you guys didn't notice the broadcaster has almost 100 videos -many of which are isolated instrument parts (not just drums)

Really appreciate you sharing that.  This should provide hours of entertainment.

One of my favorite all time rock grooves is also in his list of tracks:  Eminence Front. 

Paul DAngelo

Wow, that is really sweet.  I grew up with Keith Moon as one of my drum "heroes".  Such power.  I remember writing another cafe member once about how to emulate his playing and I said something like "lots of fills and a sprinkling of pure abandon".