Topic: How to conduct a market survey?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Michael Beechey

• Cafe VIP
    • MuseMentors
How to conduct a market survey?
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:28 PM »
I need some help!

I am in an entrepreneurial startup program (for my drum instruction studio) that requires surveying of target market for the small city I am in. Having taught before I know that the demographic is parents/grandparents with disposable income and interest in having their children in productive activities, The problem is how to prove it is viable. Personally I don't even do other people's surveys.People today are suspicious of surveys as obvious marketing feet in the door. Since music students are already a small segment of total possible child class activities, the likelihood of using surveys to prove potential students would be painful, given that there are probably 30 times as many guitar heros out there than those who want to be drummers.

It seems I would have to do thousands of surveys to weed through the soccer moms to the music moms, past the guitar moms to the drum moms to prove my 20 student supposition, which is about what I need in the first year.

(Did I mention... I don't like surveys.!!!!...)

thanks in advance!
MuseMentors
in constructon: www.musementors.com
"Connecting Musicians to Valuable Resources"

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram