Topic: Drum Lessons Benefit?  (Read 365 times)

Offline Cynthia Myra

• Copper Member
Drum Lessons Benefit?
« on: July 28, 2016, 03:30 AM »
Hello All,

Please share your experience, How Can Drum Lessons Benefit for us?

Offline Chip Donaho

• Cafe VIP
Re: Drum Lessons Benefit?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 01:51 PM »
I'm thinking you just want to play drums for the hell of it? You will probably get nowhere without lessons. Even just the basics will be a big help. Learning to play rudiments will help put your hands and fingers in control of  playing with sticks.  ;)
Craviotto-DW-Mapex-Slingerland
Paiste-Zildjian
"When you quit learning you start dying."-My Grandfather

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Drum Lessons Benefit?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:23 AM »
I think it is rather obvious how taking lessons on any instrument or classes on any subject is beneficial.

If you want to learn the basics and get a good foundation, you should study with a qualified instructor who knows the subject matter. Someone who is well-rounded and knows how to teach. The best instructors are those that don't just have the head knowledge but also have years of experience doing the very thing you are wanting to learn.

It's a vast topic actually ... but those are my broad points on why.

FYI ... there is a lot of good and bad information out on the internet for those wanting to learn on their own. Studying with a qualified instructor will always get you on the right path with the basics. If you want to continue in intermediate and advanced studies ... an educated, well-rounded, experienced instructor is always going to be the best. You want someone that teaches you how to teach yourself.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram