Topic: Recessed bass drum claws for Brady  (Read 906 times)

Offline skn

• Copper Member
Recessed bass drum claws for Brady
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm doing a little upgrade on my brady kit which has pretty dated hardware.

I'd like to put on some recessed bass drum claws as most major brands are using these days, just so things don't get knocked when you're moving your kit (specifically bass drum being rested on the head side).

I know TAMA and Pearl have their own versions of this, but getting 20 claws gets exy. I saw Gibraltar have the SC-CH sets. Seems ok, but does anyone know if the recess covers the head of the tension bolt? Any other good quality, economical solutions out there?

Peeeeeace J

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Recessed bass drum claws for Brady
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:31 AM »
I assume that you don't have T-rods on the bass drum? If you do, recessed claws won't work.

There are, as you said, a lot of different bass drum claws on the market that recess the tension rod. My advice is to contact my friend, Andy Foote, at Drum Supply House in Nashville, TN.

www.drummaker.net

I just checked their website and they have around a dozen styles of recessed bass drum claws to choose from, and would be able to direct you towards the make/model that fits your budget.

Offline Jon Kostaras

• Copper Member
  • I'm new to the Drummer Cafe!
Re: Recessed bass drum claws for Brady
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:17 PM »
Hey Bart,

Thanks for the info man. No they aren't T-style tension rods - just the square head ala other drums.

I'll check the website - thanks again.

J

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram