Topic: Best pro Doumbek/Darbuka to buy? need help!  (Read 705 times)

Offline Jerome Leblanc

• Copper Member
Best pro Doumbek/Darbuka to buy? need help!
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Hi every one

I am new to this forum and I need some serious advice.

I own presently 3 doumbeks (or Darbuka), and I am doing some small concerts more and more and would like to purchase a better drum.

2 of them are of the Alexandria brand. One is ultra light, the other is covered in faux leather. The third one is in ceramic. I bought it in Morocco for almost nothing (but it nevertheless has amazing sound)

I am looking for something in aluminium of top professionnal sound with sharp contrast for its different sounds (fingerplay, bass, etc.)

It would like to be able to interchange heads also, and for instance use the Remo fishskyn (which I cannot mount on my alexandria drums)

I dont give much attention to the appearance of the doumbek, and therefore I am not willing to pay for mother-of-pearl ones

Are there amongst you professional Doumbek/Darbuka players that could help me and advice me what it is the best drum on the market actually considering my needs?

Thanks a lot!

Dji

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram