Topic: Sound Proof Wall Partition  (Read 57 times)

Offline BruceJeremy

• Copper Member
    • http://www.roomdividersny.com/floor-plan.htm
Sound Proof Wall Partition
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:21 AM »
I want to build a studio in my basement and i want sound proof wall partition system their, can anybody recommend me something?

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Sound Proof Wall Partition
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 07:59 AM »
Are you wanting the partition to be movable or permanent? I personally have large office dividers that are mounted on wheels so they are portable. I use these to shape the room and/or create a sound barrier for recording.

If you are looking to have something permanent, you need something that has mass. Air is a great insulator, so having a thick wall with a large air pocket works great. For most people having a wall this thick, like 2 feet, is a bit much, so you need to have material that will absorb the sound.

We've had a lot of discussions in the past on building home studios and practices rooms here on the forum. I would recommend that you do a little searching to see what you come up with ... then let's have a follow up discussion!

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram