• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Zildjian ZBT

Started by 005dm117, December 16, 2003, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

005dm117

i'm new to the drumming world, so i'll be drumming on my own for a while.  i was given a pacific drum kit and needed to get cymbals for it. i searched and searched for reviews of Sabian B8s as compared to Zildjian ZBTs. without hearing either one (shopping online) i finally decided to order the Zildjians. now i'm seeing comments made on this site of how the B8s are pretty good for the price. so someone please.....TELL ME I DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE IN PURCHASING THE ZBTs!!

Mark Schlipper

The only mistake I think you made was not listening to any of either first.  

Niether is "better" than the other.  But they are different.  The only way buying the ZBT's can really be considered a mistake is if you dont like the sound.  

Floyd42

I prefer the sounds of the Sabian B8s than the sound of the Zildjian ZBT.

But it is just my own preference. Maybe you'll be fully satisfied with the sound of the ZBTs you ordered.

adam

The ZBTs and B8s are generally considered entry level cymbals, so its not a big deal. Although sound is a very important issue with drums, if you're just starting you should be more concerned with getting used to the playing and although the ZBTs may not sounds like other cymbals, they still provide the same feel.

Once you get a little bit of money saved up, then you can start customizing your set. This is where you should be concerned with the sound of the cymbals and try out as many possibilities.

Snake

If you want my honest opinion, I think you made a mistake.  :-\  I used to have some ZBTs and they were pretty much terrible, IMO.  Of beginner cymbals, I like B8s much better.
But you know what?  My opinion really doesn't matter.  If you're happy with the ZBTs, who cares what I think.   ;)

twf4481

I don't believe that you made a mistake.  I do know that Sabian happens to be a bit cheaper on price than Zildjian.  Did you look into other cymbals like Meinl and Paiste.  I know that when it comes to starter cymbals that most of the cymbal companies usually make those the same way.  

005dm117

thanks for all of your responses.  kind of like i expected, there seems to be a lean towards the sabians - but at the same time, it appears that there is not THAT much of a difference when it comes to starter cymbals.  

when making my decision to purchase, i figured they'd be pretty close in quality so i just decided to go with the zildjian name.

i'm still waiting for them to come in so i'll see how it goes after i play on them for a few of weeks, then i can maybe offer some "from one beginner to another" opinions

if i stick with this drum thing, i definitely will be in the music store testing as many different cymbals as i can before i purchase my "mack daddy" set.  as an experienced guitar player, i appreciate the significance of good quality and sound.