• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Groove Juice on vibraphone bars?

Started by dizz, May 03, 2009, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dizz

What do you think Bart?  I have an old Deagan vibraphone with the aluminum bars.  They are pretty dirty and patina'd.  Would groove juice be ok to use on the bars?

If not, what do you suggest?

Thanks!

Bart Elliott

Hmmm ... interesting. I actually never thought of using Groove Juice on vibraphone bars. If you try it, I would suggest testing first on the underside of the bar or some place out of site ... just to be safe if the results are not positive visually.

Have you tried just using a damp cloth or soap and water? That's what I use, probably because I keep my vibraphone covered, so it doesn't get that dirty. My second choice would be to use a household metal cleaner, again testing an area out of view first.

What's up with your vibraphone bars that you feel you need to use something like Groove Juice?

Vibraphone bars are made of aluminum. Groove Juice isn't designed to clean aluminum, so as I mentioned, be very cautious and test an area that is not visible.

Personally, I would not want to use Groove Juice on the vibraphone bars; not even try it. Use the damp cloth or soap and water first. If that doesn't work, use a household metal cleaner that is safe for aluminum; many aren't so read the directions before you try!