• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

PAISTE DAY LA

Started by Bart Elliott, January 11, 2011, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

http://www.paiste.com]Paiste America invites you to PAISTE DAY LA on January 19th to try out our newest releases. With the introduction of several new models, drummers will get the chance to play the newest cymbals on the market. There will be several Paiste artists on hand to discuss the new sounds and demo cymbals. There will have plenty of giveways, door prizes and two prototype cymbals will be raffled off.

The event will culminate with a rare performance by two of Brazil's top drummers, Eloy Casagrande and Aquiles Priester.

Aquiles Priester has become the face of Brazillian rock drumming. With his long a varied career he has taken the world by storm. Playing with several bands, most notably, Angra and Hangar, Aquiles has established his place among the top drummers in the world. With his new DVD "THE INFALLIBLE REASON OF MY FREAK DRUMMING" drummers around the world will be able to tap into the mind of one of the great talents behind the kit.

Eloy Casagrande was first brought to the attention of American drummers when, at age 14, he performed at the Modern Drummer Festival 2005. His ability to fuse the drums of Brazil and the power of rock music in a seamless way left the crowd in disbelief. Since that time Eloy has spent his time refining his talent playing with Andre Matos, the former singer of Angra.

In addition to the performances, Paiste will be holding a raffle for two prototype Paiste cymbals and a NAMM badge for the 2012 trade show. There will be several other giveaways on hand as well.

WHEN: JANUARY 19TH
WHERE: MUSICIANS INSTITUTE
1655 MCCADDEN PLACE
HOLLYWOOD, CA. 90028
323-462-1384

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: 2 – 5 PM CYMBAL TESTING, MEET & GREET WITH SPECIAL GUEST ARTISTS
5 – 6 PM QUESTION & ANSWER SEMINAR WITH PAISTE STAFF & GUEST ARTISTS
7 – 9 PM CLINIC WITH AQUILES & ELOY

Tim van de Ven

That would be an amazing day for me....and terrible for my pocketbook!