• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Bottle Band video goes viral!

Started by Dave Heim, November 06, 2010, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heim

Hey DCers -

I learned this morning that this video -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26nt3Y4cmg#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26nt3Y4cmg#
of the Bottle Band - the musical comedy group I perform with - has had over 370,000 views since September 15 and has gone viral!

For those of you keeping score at home, I'm in the nasty green jacket in the middle row.

Check it out!

Dave

Jim R.

Very cool Dave! I will check the video out later. (blocked here)
I've never had 370,000 of anything...except maybe kilobytes...or killed brain cells.

Jim R.

nice popping Dave. Now that I've watched it, its at 896,993 views!!

Dave Heim

Hey DCers -

Here's an update on this viral video. 

About the first of the year we hit 1,000,000 views. Round about the same time we auditioned for America's Got Talent 2011.

Our audition took place in Minneapolis. So please tune in Tuesday nights on NBC to see if we make it to air!

If I hear specifically if and when we'll be on, i will let you know!

Dave

Dave

Jon E

I DID see you guys on air!.  I had not seen your posts but knew someone here was in a bottle band!  Cool!

Bart Elliott

I saw Dave with the St. Luke's Bottle Band, appearing on American's Got Talent.

I didn't see the live show, but recorded with the DVR. If I had known when it was going to air I would have posted about it; sorry.

Anyway, the Bottle Band segment was extremely brief; they only showed snippets from the performance. The band, however, DID make it through to appear in Vegas.

It seems like they focus on all the acts that don't make it through, and just graze the surface of those that move on. Perhaps they want to hold out for future shows, or want to make sure everyone signs their contracts before featuring them. At any rate, I'll be keeping an eye out.

I did see Dave, from a distance; far stage right in the green jacket.

Be sure to watch my interview with Dave Heim! Dave was in Nashville the first part of June, so we were able to hang out for the better part of a day and do a little interview ... which is now showing on Drummer Cafe TV.