• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Fitness Electronics

Started by Larry Rankine, February 21, 2014, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Rankine

Have any of you DC guys and gals out there ever used one of these fitness monitors that are out there (i.e. Fitbit, Polar Loop, etc.) while drumming?  Just curious as to whether or not they would provide a somewhat accurate assessment of calories expended while playing.

Jon E

I have a Polar Loop.  While it does a lot of things well, I imagine my drumming really makes it go kookoo.  All that playing cranks up the step count which in turn boosts the calorie count and such.  Granted , I AM burning calories while drumming, but who knows how accurate it really is.  We drummers need our own device!  ;) ;) :)

Larry Rankine

I finally decided on a Fitbit One that's a belt clip on deal.  I figured that any wrist type monitor would be problematic at best while playing and certainly didn't want to have anything (other than my watch) on my wrists while playing.  In any case I got it as an overall fitness monitor  and was just curious if anyone had any experience using one while playing.  Thanks so much for you reply Jon!