Topic: Quality Headphones  (Read 2490 times)

myssouri

Quality Headphones
« on: March 11, 2002, 01:06 PM »
I'm searching for some quality headphones. Every time I buy headphones, they break after a couple of months and lack the quality I'm searching for. Comfort is a big issue, and the position of the cord always seems to be a problem when I'm playing live or in the studio. I have yet to use a pair of headphones that give me what I need.....Any suggestions? Durability is important as well, I play quite a few gigs. I want to spend between 50 and 100 bucks- Is it possible? Thanks.

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: Quality Headphones
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 03:19 PM »
I personally use the Sennheiser HD 25 SP and have been very pleased with them. They are closed air headphones, yet they do not fully enclose the ear (small ear piece) and feel very comfortable ... to me. The frequency spectrum is very wide, so the drums sound good to me .. including all the low-end. I even use these headphones for ear protection; it keeps outside sounds out just that much.

A thought about the cord. When I put the headphones on, I do it in such a way so that the cord is going behind my back. I bring the headphones up behind my back to put them on my head. This keeps the cables out of my way and out of reach of any stick which might wish to snag it.

Unfortunately, these headphones are no longer made; I think that's right. I don't know what the predecessor is either. They are professional quality headphones, and I was able to buy them, discounted, for right around $100.

Hope this helps a bit.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram