• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

!!Great Deal!! !!Great Deal!!

Started by Funkadrummer, April 02, 2004, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkadrummer

Well, I have been looking for some new hats for a couple of weeks. Yesterday and Today I went to Guitar Center and Samash and I tried out Sabian (14" HH Regular Hats, 13" and 14" Paragon hats, 13" AAX Fusions, 14" HHX Evoultions, AAX 14" Fast Hats, 14" HHX Groove Hats) and Zildjian (14" New Beats, 14" K Custom Hats, 13" A Custom Mastersound.)

When I went to ring up the guy at samash looked at the price tag funny becasue the price tag said $199.99 but when he rang it up on the computer it said $294.99, Someone screwed up. Heh.  I like it when people screw up and it works out for my benifit. Also I paid 1% more than the store did for these hats.  But anyways, They were cool about it, I got them for 199.99 and bought an extra 1 year waranty for extra $20 on top of my 1 year waranty.  I got the HH 14" Regular hats.

Awesome,awesome hats, they have a full, dark, warm body sound to them with a very nice chick.  Those hats go perfectly with my 21" HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. Expect a review within a couple of days.  Just thought I'd tell yall my experince.

-Josh

tonys

Nice job, I do not think you can find those hats new for under $270.00.  

I have read great reviews about the HH hats, but have only heard them from a website.  I don't think you will be dissapointed. ;)

William Leslie

Concrats. You pulled off a wonerful deal. Didn't they try to talk their way out of the mistake? He must have been having a slow day or your a great talker. Either way you did yourself proud. Yes, lets us know how they work out for you.

ChinaCymbal

I own the same hats and love them, congrats on your buy.

Funkadrummer

Thanks, By the way what ride you use with your hats chinacymbal?

-Joshl

ChinaCymbal

I just bought a 20" AA medium ride and they sound great together.

Funkadrummer

finnishdrummer17

Quote from: ChinaCymbal on April 05, 2004, 12:24 PM
I just bought a 20" AA medium ride and they sound great together.

Oh, I have one of those rides too. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my AA medium ride, but it doesn't sound very good IMO,(my teacher bought it for me many years ago :) ). It's loses control pretty easily. I have to play like 5" from the edge, otherwise it just will be burried in low undertones... When I ride it it sounds kind-of pingy and the tones that comes from it are just so many and ugly...and when I crash it all u can hear is a big ugly low gongish sound...

...In what kind of music do u play it? ...One thing is for sure... I hate mine  :)

ritarocks

Quote from: Funkadrummer on April 02, 2004, 05:52 PM
full, dark, warm body ...
a very nice chick.  

are we talking about hats or women here? ;D

clt2msb

I've noticed at the GC here in Charlotte that they've started pricing the hi hats seperate...like the top hat is $199 and the bottom is $199.  Don't know why that is, I haven't seen too many people in the market for 1 hi hat cymbal.  Maybe that's where the confusion came in.

Anyhow...congrats on the new hats.  Hope they work out.

Paul DAngelo

ChinaCymbal

Quote from: finnishdrummer17 on April 08, 2004, 11:31 AM
Oh, I have one of those rides too. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my AA medium ride, but it doesn't sound very good IMO,(my teacher bought it for me many years ago :) ). It's loses control pretty easily. I have to play like 5" from the edge, otherwise it just will be burried in low undertones... When I ride it it sounds kind-of pingy and the tones that comes from it are just so many and ugly...and when I crash it all u can hear is a big ugly low gongish sound...

...In what kind of music do u play it? ...One thing is for sure... I hate mine  :)

I play mostly metal music and hard rock but when i'm practing by myself i play jazz and shuffle and the like.  I really like my cymbal it's great.  It's more washy than pingy but i can get great control over it.  Awesome bell and barely any overtones