• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Vater Silveria DSK's

Started by JDrummys, June 24, 2004, 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrummys

Has any one here ever used these sticks and if so, what do you think of them?..I've heard from a couple people that they are the greatest feeling sticks ever (does all the work for you), and I am looking for a big stick which does this-plus the nylon tip appeals to me.

BVSCfanatic

I've tried many of Vater's sticks, and I find the David Silveria DSK to be one of the best sticks ever made!!!

That said, there are some situations where I want a slightly smaller stick.  But for most of what I do, where I want speed and power, the DSK is ideal.  

I cannot describe what it feels like to use them .. you simply MUST experience it for yourself.  The length is 17 inches (providing nice reach), but they are NOT heavy.

The nylon tip is identical in shape to the Vater ROCK stick, only LARGER.  The grip size is very comfortable and just barely below a 5B and Power 5B in diameter (.590" versus . 605" and .610").  The neck and shoulder are very beefy and this causes the stick to move (especially rebound) very nicely.  Yes, it is as if the stick is doing 90%  of the work for you.  I've never experienced any other stick quite like it.  

I am a big fan of the Vater ROCK stick, which has many similar properties, but is much heavier in the grip and not QUITE as long.      

I recently bought the very, very similar Vater 1A in order to try it in both the nylon and wood tip.  For those who prefer a wood tip, the Vater 1A might be a good alternative to the David Silveria DSK.  

Get the David SIlveria DSK from Midwest Percussion (http://www.midwestpercussion.com) for $6.25/pair or $6.15/pair if you order a dozen or more.  

MLR

Soooooooo, BVSC, do you, like, know DS personally?  hehehe.   JDrummys, I agree with BVSC completely.  He and I have had this conversation many times.  Although he put it in much more technical terms than I.  Let me just say I use DSKs and they freakin' rock!  But don't take my word for it.  It's not like they cost $30 a pair.  Try a set and if you don't learn to love them, use them for whiffle ball....  

BVSCfanatic

Heh, heh ... no, I can't say that I know DS personally.  But I know his signature sticks real well, and I know Vater quality real well (from the variety of their sticks that I have tried).  

And I know what DS says about Vater sticks (quoting here from Vater's website):  "Vaters are for serious, hard hitting muthaf*****s."  ;D