A clear step by step approach to learning authentic Cuban rhythms
Cuban Rhythms for Percussion & Drumset, by Aldo Mazza, is a condensed study of the most popular rhythms and dances of Cuba. From basic grooves and rhythmic structures, to ensemble orchestrations of traditional Cuban percussion, the book sheds new light on Cuban music. Packaged with a DVD-ROM containing 75 play-along audio tracks and 30 video clips, this book equips you with the necessary tools to start playing Cuban rhythms.
Cuban Rhythms for Percussion & Drumset includes:
- Musical notation for each rhythm
- Proven conga technique and conga language exercises
- Play-along audio track of the percussion section and drumset adaptation as a loop and in song- form
- Drumset exercises to develop the transitional preparatory techniques needed to adapt the traditional Cuban rhythms for drumset performance
- 75 audio tracks recorded with top Cuban artists
- 30 short video clips demonstrating some basic fundamental and important techniques
- Many of the best known traditional Cuban rhythms as well as some of the newer styles such as the Songo and new developments in Timba.
- Charts and some full original songs which were recorded in Havana by the author and legendary drummer Giraldo Piloto and his 14 piece Timba group, Klimax.
Cuban Rhythms for Percussion & Drumset is aimed at all levels, from total beginner to professional, and is designed as a manual for music educators to learn and help teach Cuban rhythms in a logical systematic approach.