Topic: I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)  (Read 120398 times)

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
Re: I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)
« Reply #340 on: April 04, 2018, 11:35 AM »
Like several of you in recent posts, I'm not new here, but haven't been actively posting on the forum since -- wow -- early 2012. Life happens sometimes.  But with it, hopefully a bit more understanding and maturity, right?
I just turned 50 last year, and with that milestone I'm feeling more persuaded to be available to share what I've learned over the years, and be a part of others' growth.  So I'm hoping I can do a better job of not just visiting the forum from time to time, but usefully contributing on a regular basis.

Great to see you here again, Brett!

Offline Daniel L Brown

• Copper Member
« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Hello, Dan here.     I'm 64, been playing drums for 50 years now. I had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and a thumb reconstruction in my right dominant hand It is extremely hard to play matched grip in my right hand, and am considering traditional grip in my right hand! Yes, my right hand! Anybody out there been there n done that????

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2019, 09:53 PM »
Hello, Dan here.     I'm 64, been playing drums for 50 years now. I had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries and a thumb reconstruction in my right dominant hand It is extremely hard to play matched grip in my right hand, and am considering traditional grip in my right hand! Yes, my right hand! Anybody out there been there n done that?

Welcome, Dan!

Glad you are still playing despite all that you've gone through physically. I haven't played reversed Traditional grip much, simply because I haven't had a need... and I've got plenty to work on already.

There are some players out there who play reversed Traditional grip... and are right-handed. One particular individual I've seen do this is Billy Cobham... but he doesn't more for fun (and to show off  ;D ) than doing it out of necessity.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!