Topic: Blastbeats from 180 - 260 BPM  (Read 1067 times)

Offline beyondbetrayal

• Copper Member
  • I'm new to the Drummer Cafe!
Blastbeats from 180 - 260 BPM
« on: February 04, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Here is how blast beats look from 180BPM to 260BPM,. or 257 if you want to get technical. (I messed up the metronome)

I made this in response to the people fighting in the Facebook drum forums about blasting at 300 BPM. 260 is even insane, 300 is possible by a few guys which I do see, but when referring to speed it's 16th notes, and both hands if you ask me. I think my personal limit is 230/240 to keep it clean and play for a long period. Making this video I also realized 180 and 190 were difficult speeds to blast at as I never play in that range.I play mostly between 210 and 240 so 250-260 is really pushing it for me and kind of sloppy.

The bass drum is triggered as I am using heel toe and the toms have a terrible EQ on them as this was just a quick example.

The key is staying relaxed to play fast and for a long time. I am not relaxed at all above 240 so I can only do it for a short period of time.

Offline Eric LeClair

• Copper Member
  • Live Life Be Happy
Re: Blastbeats from 180 - 260 BPM
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Wow that was actually pretty awesome. I can't believe ppl can actually do this around the 300 mark. That is just insane.

Offline Brett Sheaffer

• Cafe VIP
  • Never stop learning.
    • Freedom Brass Band of Northeast Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Nice job! I've not worked on my hands or feet long enough to get that kind of speed.  Love how effortless your heel-toe doubles are.  Maybe I need a different double pedal.  ::)
Natural ability will only take you so far. There is no substitute for playing, playing, playing.

Offline beyondbetrayal

• Copper Member
  • I'm new to the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 06:14 PM »
The settings make a huge difference. I actualy use a pretty tight batter head for rebound and you pretty much need long board direct drive pedals, as well as triggers to make this work.

The Axis AL-2's are my favorite and the pearl demon drives worked pretty good. I haven't tested any others.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!