• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Classics stay, Newbies go...

Started by Tae, January 14, 2006, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWdrmr

Quote from: Tae on January 21, 2006, 04:18 PM
7.50$!!! I would of gave anything to see them, if bonzo was still around...lucky... >:(

Funny how people react to certain things....sombody you know wins the lottery...anyone say, "Man, I'm so glad for you!" ?...No, it's almost always.."you lucky f*****g  b******d"..A person you know loses 40 lbs..anyone say "wow,you're looking good, I can tell you've lost some weight"....?  No,they don't say anything, at all.  Just an observation on the human condition...

Tae

Quote from: DWdrmr on January 21, 2006, 07:48 PM
Funny how people react to certain things....sombody you know wins the lottery...anyone say, "Man, I'm so glad for you!" ?...No, it's almost always.."you lucky f*****g  b******d"..A person you know loses 40 lbs..anyone say "wow,you're looking good, I can tell you've lost some weight"....?  No,they don't say anything, at all.  Just an observation on the human condition...

I would rather see Bonham live more than win the lottery. ;D

Louis Russell

Quote from: Tae on January 24, 2006, 08:04 AM

Wish for the lottery then have a private Bonham concert with lots of cash left over for new drums, lessons, and a complete cowbell assortment!  

gammalight6000

Quote from: mapexdrummer1234 on January 21, 2006, 06:31 AM
Though I have posted a few times.....

What different bands lack today is creativity. Not like, they are copying everyone else, but think about it. In the day of the Beatles... they were the FIRST band to do some of the things they did. Granted, a lot of it had happened, but they changed the whole outlook of the music industry. I don't know any band who really has that same power today,  and perhaps it wont happen again. Then you have bands loike Led Zeppelin who just lay it down, and for one, you have Jimmy Page, who just speaks for himself. And JP Jones, he wasn't a real outstanding performer like Page or Plant were, but you gotta hand it to him... he was always laying down on that bass. He was awesome..... and You got Plant, and he was awesome. And the best of them all, they had John Bonham... and I'm sure everyone knows what I mean. But I don't think there are any revolutionary bands, but I wouldn't say they are fads. They are just opening up other possibilities for the next generation of musicians will grow on.
i would have to say TOOL is one of those bands that changed music along with led zeplin....yes the beatles did do alot for the music but they weren't the only ones....we all have opinions on who did what, like for instance i really hate indie rock music aka nerd rock, but some one else may.....

gammalight6000

Quote from: drumnut1 on January 21, 2006, 07:26 AM
 I really wish they would put a reunion tour together and use Jason Bonham as the drummer.  He is very good, and is up to it.  I think it has been talked about before but never happened?
                                Nutty
they did do it with jason bohnam about 10 or 15 yrs ago....

Dave Heim

Quote from: Tae on January 24, 2006, 08:04 AM

You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

DougB

Quote from: gammalight6000 on January 24, 2006, 08:12 AM
i would have to say TOOL is one of those bands that changed music along with led zeplin....

maybe I'm out of touch but I couldn't even name a song by TOOL....   :o

lilblakdak

Quote from: gammalight6000 on January 24, 2006, 08:14 AM
they did do it with jason bohnam about 10 or 15 yrs ago....
It was only a couple of shows and no John Paul Jones.

Tae

Quote from: DaveFromChicago on January 24, 2006, 08:26 AM

Though he is dead, He will always live on in my heart ;D ;)

DWdrmr

Quote from: DaveFromChicago on January 24, 2006, 08:26 AM

LMFAO!.... ;D ;D  That's bad...funny, but bad...God Bless the pygmies in South America, as Larry the Cable Guy would say...

Shane Stylianos

Quote from: gammalight6000 on January 24, 2006, 08:12 AM
i would have to say TOOL is one of those bands that changed music along with led zeplin....yes the beatles did do alot for the music but they weren't the only ones....we all have opinions on who did what, like for instance i really hate indie rock music aka nerd rock, but some one else may.....

While I think Tool is a good band, and will be remembered for times to come, I don't think Tool has done any "changing" of music.  They are not that innovative.  They just have a distinctive sound that sets them apart.

Tae

Tool is not a newer band... you all are seeming to miss the point. I said name some bands that have not been around for very long that you think might have staying power.