• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Friendly competitions!

Started by Apollo, March 06, 2006, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apollo

Decided to hold a friendly competition every so often, to show of your skills!
Heres what I want this time:
Someone to do the drumming to DUALITY by SLIPKNOT. What i'm looking for, is the person who makes it sound different, while staying the same, eg. adding some fills yourself but keeping the beat the same. Which ever sounds the most impressive wins a big thumbs up (nothing else to offer  :-\) Entrants can enter with either a video recording or a audio recording.

Happy drumming!

Jon E

Chris

It's a pretty good song. Nice idea! I doubt I'll be able to contribute, but I hope that someone does.

Dave Heim

Not my thing.  Good luck with that.

TamaDrummer

I wouldn't be interested in this as a competition, and Slipknot isn't my fav group around.  
Maybe this type of thing would be better as a "Your Take On The Song" thread.  Take a song and see what everyone chooses to do with it.  Change the beat, just different fills, a whole new feel, etc.  No competition.  And possibly find a song that everyone can agree on (though that might be rather hard to do).

Just my .02

Jon E

Remember, Music isn't a competition.

Please, no wagering.

Dave Heim

Quote from: Jon E on March 07, 2006, 01:59 PM
Remember, Music isn't a competition.

Please, no wagering.

Too bad.  Gretsky's wife and Pete Rose wanted in for 5 large apiece.

Christopher

Quote from: DaveFromChicago on March 07, 2006, 02:35 PM
Gretsky's wife and Pete Rose wanted in for 5 large apiece.

Too bad she's probably going to ultimately go down in history for that.

Before she was married to old "never pass", she was known as Janet Jones, the actress.

When we were teens, my friends and I could be found salivating at the sight of her in movies like American Anthem.

Roger Beverage

Quote from: TamaDrummer on March 07, 2006, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't be interested in this as a competition, and Slipknot isn't my fav group around.  
Maybe this type of thing would be better as a "Your Take On The Song" thread.  Take a song and see what everyone chooses to do with it.  Change the beat, just different fills, a whole new feel, etc.  No competition.  And possibly find a song that everyone can agree on (though that might be rather hard to do).

Just my .02

This has been proposed before but hasn't been set up yet.
The tune has to be more middle ground, preferably an original that none of us has heard yet, or a few of different genres so that everyone can do the style they do best.

James Walker

Quote from: Christopher on March 07, 2006, 02:53 PMBefore she was married to old "never pass", she was known as Janet Jones, the actress.

When did she marry Kevin McHale?

Christopher

chefdoug

Quote from: Christopher on March 07, 2006, 02:53 PM
Before she was married to old "never pass", she was known as Janet Jones, the actress.

[

Wait a second, I must chime in and mention that he actually had more assists than goals. I remember hearing he was accused of not passing in junior hockey by all the other parents and again his assists largley out numbered the goals.

nudrum

The competition mentioned in the topic (remember the topic?) must have been who can beat on Gretsky the best versus who can defend him.
I think he just had the puck too often.