• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

playing lefty

Started by xtakewarninx, August 09, 2002, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtakewarninx

This a pretty useless post but here goes... I am havin knee surgery next week (on my bass drum knee) and i have 2 gigs within a week of that. I doubt ill be able to bend it, so im gona play lefty (totaly turn my set around, instead of just usin my double pedal) and have a chair behind my hi hat. I hope i get pictures of it, cause that is gona be some funny @$%#.

Bart Elliott

I'm sorry to hear about the knee surgery. You definitely don't want to push it ... so listen to your doctor and don't play until he/she says it's okay.

Hope you are playing polkas on these gigs, because anything more than that is going to be some funny stuff!

BlackEvovii

or just use your hands for the bass drum pedals?

xtakewarninx

the good thing is, to get my knee workin again, i have to move it as much as possible. So bein a drummer is quite a good thing. Hopefully we will do some polka. thanks for the concern though. _Sam

Niklas

I recently re-built my kit to a "lefty" one, although I'm right handed. This is a great way to practice your left hand, left foot and independence all at the same time.

See it from the bright side, you'll probably become a better drummer because of that knee surgery.