Topic: front man  (Read 2508 times)

Dark Drummer

front man
« on: August 16, 2002, 11:08 AM »
me and another drummer friend of mine are starting a band and since hes the better drummer of us to im lettin him drum and im gonna be the front man do u guys have any tips or secrets for being a good from man??

BAnimalG

Re:front man
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 12:23 PM »
Be very interactive with the audience, get them involved in the show as much as possible.  That'll keep 'em there.  Don't be an over-ruling jack-@$$ to the rest of the band.  In other words, everyone gets equal say in decisions for the band.  Yes, I've had bad experiences with singers in the past.  That's why I felt compelled to give this advice.  

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2002, 05:50 PM »
find some old ronnie james dio footage ... THAT is a front man :)
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

Nomad442

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2002, 11:47 PM »
Most people would rather see a better front man than a better drummer.  Its just the way it is.  I dont care what anyone says.  Unfortunatly its just not about the music nowdays.  Just ask the record company execs.

AdemT

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 08:21 AM »
dont be a prick, talk to the audience and joke with them. talk with the other band members on stage and make them feel part of it too.

the one thing that shits me about being a drummer is that you dont get much attention. you are just the guy furthest away from the audience.

sois

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 07:03 PM »
find some old ronnie james dio footage ... THAT is a front man :)

AMEN!!!

eight

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 09:39 PM »
Interact with the audience and let them know that you are having a good time up there. Its contagious  ;D

It also helps if you can sing  ;)

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram