• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Your Upcoming Gigs

Started by Bart Elliott, September 19, 2004, 06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett Sheaffer

I'll be playing percussion in the Freedom Brass Band of Northeast Ohio,  http://www.freedombrassband.com]www.freedombrassband.com  on:

Sunday, May 22nd, 2005 at 7:30pm, at Faith United Methodist Church in Akron, Ohio.  Come on over and check it out, the day after you see Bart play for Rachel Williams near Dayton, Ohio! (You're welcome to come too, Bart  ;D)

CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Sunday December 18th at 3:30pm, Faith United Methodist Church in Akron, Ohio.

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

Friday May 20, 2005, 6:00-10:00pm
Relay For Life @ Stebbins High School. This is a two day event for the American Cancer Society held by Riverside/Wright Patterson AFB.

taterocity

If anyone might somehow be up here in Toronto, I've got a gig with No Daze on Wednesday May 18th at the Vatikan (Queen St. west of Ossington). Doors at 8pm. Come say "hey" and I'll make sure my bassist buys you a beer. Ok, maybe I'll chip in too :)

drumz1

I just got the word yesterday that we (Mickey Gilley and the Urban Cowboy Band) will be out of our Branson, MO theater to do a one-night show in Dallas, TX on July 13 at the Gilley's Club on Lamar Street.   Mark your calendars.

Here is a link to the driving directions:  http://www.gilleysdallas.com/Info/Directions-Parking/Index

BTW,  the club has one of the best house bands in the southwest, called "Backstage".  You really need to check this band out if you are in the area - they're awesome.

I'd be interested in meeting anyone from the DC when we're there.

Regards,
drumz1

OldGuyAl

Slippery People (Talking Heads cover band) at Andrews Upstairs in Buckhead (Atlanta) on June 9th.  Come see us!

http://www.andrewsupstairs.com/index2.php?page=entertainment&sub=calendar&month=6&year=2005&day=9

rdmitch

Just in but have not received the contract yet for June 12th (Sunday):

Blossom Music Center ,  Cleveland, Ohio  prior to the Blake Shelton and Rascal Flats show at the Houseof Blues/Scene Pavilion

www.Laredoohio.com

rdmitch

We got the hook-up with the local rag magazine in town and House of Blues here and did the "second stage"  (a seperate stage for local talent) opening for Rascal Flatts last week at blossom Music Center.  Not a bad gig as 23,000 people got to see us for 1 hour prior to the main show.

Worked out so well, we got the same deal for the  Toby Keith show July 8th.
The gig also comes with great local advertising, radio spots, comp. food, beverages and VIP passes for the shows.

OldGuyAl

Slippery People - final 3 shows are booked (then the band breaks up)
If you're in or around Athens, GA....

June 24th - AthFest (show is at the Ritz)
July 15th - 40 Watt (opening band TBA)
August 13th - Georgia Theatre (last ever show for us!); Pendletons open

PM me if you want to come!

Dave Lemonds

Okay Guys here are a few coming up this week, we are touring heavy, I'm losing track at this point!

7/7- Lancaster, PA- Chameleon CLub
7/8- Wallingford, CT- Oakdale Theater w/ZZ Top
7/9- Columbus, OH
7/12- Nashville, TN- Grand Ole Opry
7/14- Chicago, IL- Cubs Game- National Anthem
7/14- Chicago, IL- Joe's
7/15-Minneapolis, MN-KEEY Radio Bash
7/16- Kansas City, MO- Beaumont Club

IM me if you would like to come to any of these shows-

Dave

jmichael

If you are in Buffalo NY on Thursday, July 21st:

INITIATION performs mostly original prog style rock along with a few choice covers (Floyd, Bowie, Zeppelin).

CLUB DIABLO
517 WASHINGTON ST
DOWNTOWN, BUFFALO
9PM START (right after Thursday in the Square ends)

MerlinCoryell

Houston-Galveston, TX Area

Appearing with the Jolly Rogers, original Texas/Southern Rock and Variety.

July 29th 6-10pm - Boudreauxs on the Bayou - Galveston Island

Aug 6th 8pm-midnight - Noahs Ark - Bacliff, TX

Every Monday night I also host an open mic jam with friends and family at the R&R Sports Bar in Friendswood, TX 730-1130.

Drumodad

Man have I waited to post here!
I will be playing bass for a very talented singer/writer/guitarist named Dan Acosta. August 14 at Mr Beerys,4019 Hempstead Turnpike, Bethpage N.Y.
This will be my first show with him as a bass player. My first real show playing bass.
The killer part is also playing is Randy Jackson from Zebra. I was telling LouderB I was hoping to catch Randy while he is up here,now I`m playing instead of standing in the crowd.
I am planning on doing some dates with him on the Rock4Christmas tour this year.
Its gonna be wierd not sitting behind a drumset.

Jon E

I love Zebra!!!  Very cool.

PS: I'm doing a fill-in gig tonight and tomorrow (7/22, 7/23) for my old band Phat Lipp (at the Crown in Clermont, FL if anyone is interested).  They have a new bass player too so it should be interesting.

Todd Norris

Here's something a little different:

I play snare in a bagpipe band (www.mcpb.org) and we're going to Scotland to compete in the world pipeband championships (Aug. 13) in Glasgow, as well as two other competitions (Aug 6,7) and a one hour concert in Glasgow (Aug. 11).  

We leave on August 2nd.  This is the band's 3rd trip, my 2nd.  It's too bad we can't take the drum set and guitars for the concert.  We do a lot of fun things when we have the opportunity!  

felix

I get to mop up the "Wet Spot" in Caledonia, Ohio Sat. July 30th around 10 pm.  If you make it to Caledonia, just ask someone where the bar is- it's a tiny town.

This is the 3rd time this bar has been rebuilt after it burned down.  I've only played there once before and it was actually pretty nice inside- the restroom looked like the inside of a feed silo or something.

The natives are extremely "friendly" if you get my drift and the place gets absolutely wild.  I don't normally post my gigs, but this one should be extremely interesting.  If I don't post anymore after next week let me just say it was nice knowing you all.  I might not make it back alive.

Paul DAngelo

Back in Virginia!  The guitar player in my old band has gotten 3 gigs for me and I've wound up in a second band as well.

"The Crossfire Band" will be playing this Friday night, July 29th, at The Hazel River Inn & Restaurant in Culpeper, VA.  

Come one, come all.  BTW, it'll be the first time I've played with this band, i.e., no rehearsals.

Jon E

Looks like I'll be doing another fill-in gig with Phat Lipp.  Aug 5 & 6th.  This time in St. Cloud, FL at a club formerly known as Grandstands.  I think it's called Downtown.

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

Greene County Fair
Xenia, Ohio
8-10pm
Saturday August 6th

Jon E

2 more fill-in gigs with Phat Lipp.

8/6 Private party (day)
8/6 Downtown. St. Cloud, FL.

8/12 & 13  Cork Room.  Orlando, FL

8/19 & 20  The Crown.  Clermont, FL

felix

No offense to everyone here at DC or Bart in particular, but this thread is just one step more exciting than the "chat" room.   :)

So to spice it up, everytime I post one of my upcoming gigs I'm going to post what happened as a follow up as well.  As much as I would love to see all you guys play, usually I'm working or you guys are playing several states if not an entire country away!

So without further ado:

I survived my gig at "The Wet Spot" in Caledonia.  Here's the story.

I gotta tell you, if you blink your eyes you will miss this town!  So I turned around backtracked a mile or two and took the "County Rd. 39" into downtown Caledonia.  I couldn't find the street so I stopped and asked these guys hanging out in the street jawing where the bar was.  He said it was a couple blocks over and then invited me to the Caledonia church the next morning  ::)  Nice friendly folk.  It gets better.  *Well at least from my point of view*

So I find the new bar.  It's brand new cinder block with fresh paint.  Some kids are skateboarding in the front of it.  I give them all a buck- they hold the door for me while I load in and watch my van.

The place is big inside.  Bigger than I remember.  Clean, two big ventilation ducts and a/c.  Big black stage and dressing room, plus a large pull out runway.  Couple trusses of lights.  

Someone had their motorcycle in there before and had left two perfect doughnut rubber marks.  The last time I played there some yahoo brought their bike in and did a doughnut/burnout.  It made me sick.

Well thank God that didn't happen this time- I'll save you the melodrama.

Anyways I get set up.  PA and the guitar player get there.  I help move a few things and got back to my drums.

Well I go to do the soundcheck.  The joint is a cement floor with block wall construction/paint.  Talk about slap back!  We manage to get a sound dialed in hoping for some bodies to deaden the room.  I basically have to chase the sound the whole night, but I adapted after the first two sets.  By the third set I was really mopping up the joint and enjoying myself.  Vocals were really happening- I was playing the jelly bean kit and by the end of the night there was quite the mass of undulating, sweating, screaming bodies.  "Play one more" if I had a dollar for everytime someone yelled that, I probably would  ;D >:(.

GOOD crowd- I was pleasantly surprised.  Like I said the people there are extremely friendly.  The 80's band "The Bullet Boys" are there next weekend.  Isn't that something?  Got packed up at 3 and drove a couple of hours back to cleveland.   Smooth ride, nice night- lots of I71 is 3 lanes now.   So that was my gig.

How was yours?