Topic: DW Hi-Hat stand trouble  (Read 1795 times)

donttouchthelaquer

DW Hi-Hat stand trouble
« on: August 22, 2002, 11:03 AM »
yea i just got a DW 8000 pedal and the pole thing (excuse my limited vocab) that holds the hi-hat came with a black lock thing that looks like it would easily be screwed off, but the thing won't move. obviously i don't really know anything about DW hi-hat stands so can someone plz tell me what the little black thing is doing there, is it suppost to stay on there, or is there an easy way to take it off, etc.  :-[

rlhubley

Re:DW Hi-Hat stand trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 12:24 PM »
i'd love to help, honestly.  However, i don't understand what part of the stand you are talking about

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
Re:DW Hi-Hat stand trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 01:24 PM »
ok, lets see if we can devine this.  there is a lower tube that attaches to the tripod.  there is an upper tube that allows you to adjust the height of the hats.  inside that runs a rod (usually in two parts) that connects to the foot pedal and up out of the tube, through the bottom hat, and up where you attach teh top hat with the clutch.

i assume your talking about that rod inside the stand.  where the lower half and bottom half meet is a threaded bit.  so you can unscrew the top half of the rod from the bottom half.  those can be pretty snug.

unless of course youre talking about the plastic bit at the top of the top tube, where the bottom hat rests.  if thats what your talking about, those usually dont come off unless they HAVE to.  
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram