Topic: Sweet deal on masters  (Read 2255 times)

xtakewarninx

Sweet deal on masters
« on: August 23, 2002, 11:38 PM »
Alright, i have been offered a 6 piece MMX masters kit (pearl). The sizes i like, they are in perfect condition, and they are beautiful. Maple shells with 2 mohagony plys in them. I beleive they are 4 or 5 years old. All 6 shells for 900 bucks. Sumbody Please give me a reason not to buy these shells, i am so incredibly tempted. Dont say "cause pearl sucks'' please.-Sam

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
Re:Sweet deal on masters
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 12:01 AM »
4 peice shell set runs 2G new at musiciansfriend, lets call that 1G used.  youre paying less and getting 2 more drums.  id offer $800 cause im a haggling fool :)  but $900 seems alright if they are "just right"
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

Joey

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 09:40 AM »
You shouldn't buy it because....the colour is bad :P

j/k, sounds like a good deal. Go for it!

Fireftr125

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2002, 10:58 AM »
If they are a mmx series, they are newer than 4 years old. That series only came out in 2000. plus pearl didnt offer the african mahogany in the masters series untill 2000 or 20001

xtakewarninx

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 02:32 PM »
oh score. i just assumed that it was 4 or 5 years old, cause i didnt realize that he had 2 masters sets (the dude that is sellin them).

Offline Mark Schlipper

• Cafe VIP
  • drum + hand
    • chock full o' creamy goodness
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2002, 07:39 PM »
If they are a mmx series, they are newer than 4 years old. That series only came out in 2000. plus pearl didnt offer the african mahogany in the masters series untill 2000 or 20001

i believe the mahogany is MHX ?
Making bad art.  Saying stupid things.  Implimenting my master plan to be forgotten when I'm gone and forgettable while I'm here.

The Luna Moth
me
Perish the Island

xtakewarninx

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 08:52 PM »
its an mmx set with two mohagony plys put in.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram