Topic: Finale notepad 2004  (Read 642 times)

mattlapp

Finale notepad 2004
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:41 AM »
I have just downloaded Finale notepad 2004 and want to know how to transcribe drums with it? Where are the cymbals etc? If anyone knows something about it please share.

Thanks

newbeat

Re:Finale notepad 2004
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Create a "drumset" part--the notes for the drums and cymbals are really far down below where they should be. That's because the program is just set to default and so it doesn't know where to put a bass drum, for example. You can configure the program to put the different drums/cymbals where you want them on the lines, and give them different symbols (like the x for hats), but I'm not sure if that's in the retail version only. Finale notepad is really cool, but it's a pain to write out drum parts, and they come out looking really wierd because of all the wrong positions.

Stewart Manley

• Cafe VIP
  • quondam 'moosetication'
Finale notepad 2004
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 03:01 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, you can't change the note heads in Finale Notepad, so correctly notating ride and hi-hats with 'x' noteheads, or crashes with diamonds, isn't achievable. However, that doesn't stop you at least placing the notes on the correct line on the staff. Just remember to start the score with at least a drum set part in it to get the correct kind of staff. You'll also need to remember to manually flip the flag the other way up for some instruments, like cymbals.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram