Topic: ATA Cases  (Read 1059 times)

drshawnse

ATA Cases
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:49 PM »
Hey Bart-

Great site!  I have invested some money in a pretty nice set.  I have fully padded hard shell cases, but I'm sick of lugging all the cases around.  Do you know of any maunfactures that make custom ATA road cases for drummers?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
ATA Cases
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:34 PM »
I do ... but I would recommend buying them locally because of the size. For example, in Dallas and Nashville, two cities which I have lived in for the past decade, there are companies that make ATA cases.

I don't know where you live, so I can't be specific as to whom I would recommend to you. Almost every major ATA manufacture will make you whatever you want, if you have the money and time to wait for a custom made case.

Perhaps you should respond back with more information. Are you wanting individual cases or the coffin cases which holds numerous drums per case?

drshawnse

ATA Cases reply
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I live in the Washington DC area.  

My requirements are for (hopefully) 2 large coffin style cases.

I'd prefer that they both fit in the back of a Ford Explorer, and I'm thinking one for the bass and floor tom, and one for:

6x14 snare
12" tom | 6x14 snare | 10" tom
hardware   along   the   bottom

I thought about this a lot, but don't know if this is the best design.

Offline Bart Elliott

• Chef de Cuisine
  • Founder & owner of DrummerCafe.com
    • bartelliott
    • bartelliott
    • w w w . B a r t E l l i o t t . c o m
ATA Cases
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Don't know that you will make that fit in a Ford Explorer ... maybe ... with the backseats down.

I'm not aware of any custom ATA case makers in your area. I would use www.Google.com as well as your Yellowpages to look for companies that might be able to help you out. You can also check on eBay for some used cases that may fit your needs. I've purchase several road cases this way, eBay that is, with good results. I usually try to find a location that is close enough that I can drive and pick-up the case, rather than having it shipped. It can get very expensive.

Also, contact any case companies in your area and see what they can offer you ... even if they don't do the custom case thing ... they might be able to point you to someone who does.

Do you REALLY need these two ATA cases? If you are traveling with a Ford Explorer, I would think it best to stick with individual cases. I'd seriously look at the new  http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=5607334&siteid=40906838&bfpage=1603591]SKB Roto-molded Cases  if I were you. They are lined with a thin padding and come with a life-time warranty! Going to be a lot easy to load and pack.

I have ATA cases, but I also have a cargo van and also use a cartage company when I have to take more than I can handle (or if the record label is covering the cartage cost).

Just something to think about.

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on Google+ Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram
Click HERE to LEARN MORE!