Topic: Do you wear ear plugs?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline TamaDrummer

• Silver Member
Re:Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Recently I have become more diligent about wearing earplugs at practice and at gigs.  Every time I don't wear them and I get that Ringing in my ears afterwards, I think about just having that ALL the time, and it gets me to start wearing them again.
People won't always remember what you said, and people won't always remember what you did, but they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Offline jokerjkny

• Cafe VIP
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 07:27 PM »
kinda silly,

but with ear plugs, when i practice for a looong while, everything i had, drums, cymbals, whathaveyou started to sound REALLY brite to me.

*shrug*
...this aint no time fo' jibba jabba!

Floyd42

Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 03:30 AM »
I wear ear-plugs. Allways: I don't want to kill my earing abilities. And drums are loud enough to make you as deaf as a post...

Offline Buddy Bryan

• Cafe VIP
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
    • benderbuzz
Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 10:01 AM »
I've been using the Shure in ear monitor system for a few years. I love it. I wish I had it earlier.

Offline pak

• Copper Member
Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 02:29 PM »
I used to just wear a pair of monitor headphones which blocked out some sound, but I had to turn the music that I was playing along with way up...that seemed a little counter productive, so I bought a pair of Shure E2c earphones.  At first they hurt a little (even with the smallest plugs) and the right one would fall out after a few minutes.  After a few weeks I got used to them and now I love them.  They make my drums sound so much better, I can keep the music at a lower volume and I play much better because I don't play as restrained...I'm sure my neighbors want to invest in a pair of these now, too.

buzz57

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 09:48 AM »
I just started using Hearos, but am not completely happy with them. They do work, i.e. they let in more high end than standard plugs, but I still feel I am missing certain things when we practice or gig. Maybe its just the adaptation to them, or maybe they really do block too much still. Jury is still out.

drumzealot

Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 07:50 PM »
I did not wear ear protection for the first 8-9 years of my professional career. Then I started with the cheap foam type but only for super loud gigs. I am not even 40 and face serious hearing problems.

WEAR EAR PROTECTION for any gig that is on the low bound of loud.

Vipercussionist

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 08:15 PM »
I have been wearing Plugs for about 10 or 12 years now, after the time my ear shut off for a day after a particularly loud gig. Now it's really refreshing to take them out at the end of a gig and still be able to hear someone talkin' or even a slight noise. My head would be ringing for HOURS after a gig before I started wearing them. I thought that it was NORMAL!!
The plugs also allow me to hear myself singing much better than a monitor, 'cause the monitor would create its own set of problems with feedback or everyone but my vocal being too loud, so I really solved a plethora of issues just by wearing plugs.

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram