• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drums & Fire!

Started by TaAqPrMaSa, May 17, 2005, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaAqPrMaSa

alright after careful deliberation. im doing it

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

Quote from: TaAqPrMaSa on May 17, 2005, 09:34 PM

OK mark the time on that post. That's the the exact moment TaAqPrMaSa
went straight to Hell wearing gasoline underpants.

James Walker

Quote from: shoeless on May 17, 2005, 09:50 PM
OK mark the time on that post. That's the the exact moment TaAqPrMaSa
went straight to Hell with gasoline underpants.

I believe it was Oscar Wilde who wrote, "There is no sin, other than stupidity."  That would fit.

Maybe this person is campaigning for a "Darwin Award"?

I'm really, REALLY hoping that our young friend here is simply a troll...

James Walker

Quote from: Louderdb on May 17, 2005, 09:14 PMThat may have been why they were half full

That's what we love about you, Louderdb - you're such an optomist.  ;D

Rusty Beckett

Quote from: TaAqPrMaSa on May 17, 2005, 09:34 PM

Careful Deliberations????? - have someone take pictures and do a good write up - Then we'd have something to post on the Darwin Awards web site . . .

My thought is this has to be someone who enjoys the attention of an online debate and can't be serious.

JerBear

I think this kid needs pyrotechnics to overcome his lack of chops.  Why else would you risk jail and loss of life just to show off for a talent show? Just because the school says it's ok doesn't mean the city fire chief can't press charges. In todays schools no tolerance policies that could be interpreted as arson. Hardy worth the cost of legal fees or worst going to jail just to show off for 5 minutes.
Practice an outstanding solo and give it your all and as said before get a few strobe lights and time them differently and that will be a good display. IMHO

TaAqPrMaSa

ah, i was kidding i forgot to post immediately after that

TaAqPrMaSa

btw this was all very serious, and anyone who wants to grille me about it can just not post. plus i was trying to find out some facts, not try to be persuaded just to not do it.

Redcamaro

Well...if nothing else this has been a terribly entertaining post to follow....and it does demonstrate the mindset of graduates that our great school system is creating.  These are our future leaders after all.

What a comforting thought.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: TaAqPrMaSa on May 18, 2005, 10:07 AM
btw this was all very serious, and anyone who wants to grille me about it can just not post. plus i was trying to find out some facts, not try to be persuaded just to not do it.

Unfortunately when you go public ... well, you never know what kind of response you are going to get. Basically no one thus far can give you positive feedback, which I assume that you wanted. So the only thing left, because we all seem to feel so strongly about this, is that we need to be real and suggest that you NOT do this. It's out of concern that we say what we do; it's not about "grilling" you or giving you are hard time.

If you are looking for opinions that are based on no experience ... and you want nothing but thumbs up responses ... you are in the wrong forum!  8)

P2

You know one thing I've learned in life is that ...Stupid things happen to stupid people.... unless you can predict the future.... don't be stupid!

Ranman

Bottom line:

If you have to ask how to set your drums on fire on a forum, you shouldn't.

Gregg Rivers

Quote from: TaAqPrMaSa on May 18, 2005, 10:07 AM

No one that I can tell was grilling you. What EVERYONE was trying to do is keep you from "grilling" yourself or some innocent by-stander. I'm with Bart and the rest in that what is apparent is you didn't want to know the truth, you were just looking for what you wanted to hear. Sorry. I posted my thoughts out of concern for your safety, the safety of everyone else in the room you'd try this in and you future as a drummer, not a convict. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth like it or not! I still say the school will NEVER give you permission to do this anywhere near the school. So my only concern now is that you'll be hard headed enough to try off campus and really get hurt. I just don't want to see you burned to death on useless junk dot com bro. Burning to death is probably the most painful death there is. That being worst case scenario, you could just end up burning down a building or at the least, ruin your cymbals. All of which you say you don't want to do! Don't play with fire or you WILL get burned.  

Marcos

Quote from: TaAqPrMaSa on May 18, 2005, 10:07 AM... plus i was trying to find out some facts, not try to be persuaded just to not do it.

(sniff - sniff, hmmmm I hope that's not a burning troll I smell.) Anyways, this thread has provided you with the only facts you need. Your lack of maturity escapes when you interpret everyone as persuading you to not do it. Grow up, son.

TaAqPrMaSa

i went here looking for answers and i got them but i was mostly looking for people that have done it before and i think one person said they had. i wanted to know what happened mostly and was thinking this through using the forum. i was almost positive the school wouldnt let me so i was mostly looking for answers to my questions.
check this out (thats not me btw)

Bart Elliott

Notice that this picture is from a site called Kill Rock Stars ... and that the guy's chin is on fire!  

PhotoShop is a wonderful thing.  ;)

TaAqPrMaSa

not it isnt, b ut that would be funny. but yeah im going to rule the school with drums, i'll post a link to a video for you all.
you should make this a sticky thread so people can read it down the line and not ask about drums and fire

JerBear

Your right Bart and what ever cymbals he WAS using he just melted the protective coating off of them. Not too smart.

Funkadrummer

Put a strobe light in your kick drum and cut a hole in the resonant head that could be cool.

Ranman

I think you should mount the whole set on an inverted lawn mower so that if the fire gets out of control you can spin yourself out...ummm that would be cool to.

No seriously STOP DROP and ROLL!  ::)