• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

strange days fest(the doors)

Started by devtrirob, August 01, 2005, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devtrirob

Hey,
I went to the Strange days fest last night(in Montreal,Canada),featuring :Pat Travers,Vanilla Fudge(original members) and of course D21C.

the drummer for Pat Travers,Eric Frates had really nice chops,great drumming...or should i say POUNDING! maybe a little bit too double bass drum happy but great!
Vanilla Fudge had of course Mr. Carmine Appice,well a little bit dissapointing,he did a quick solo,he should have passed over it but i guess they had time to fill.
The D21C had Ty Dennis,i didn't know that guy but well worth seeing,great drumming,he added his own flavour to the music while adding his own touch and reviving John Densmore's stuff,great show to be seen,maybe for the last time.

I have to give a -10 on the Pat Travers soundman,actually it's almost to every show i see,what the hell is wrong with BASSDRUM crazy soundman,they put that thing so loud and boomy that it takes away from everything Please mix it nicely with the rest!!!!!

So? anyone seen the tour? any comments?

Joe

I regret I missed the show, but:

Quote from: devtrirob on August 01, 2005, 03:52 PM
actually it's almost to every show i see,what the hell is wrong with BASSDRUM crazy soundman,they put that thing so loud and boomy that it takes away from everything Please mix it nicely with the rest!!!!!

Man, I hear you.  I hear you with distinct clarity.