Topic: Advice on selling 2 drums  (Read 633 times)

Offline timtim

• Copper Member
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
Advice on selling 2 drums
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:39 PM »
I need some advice guys if anyone has any....I have 2 Pacific  CX toms that I want to sell. One is a 8x10 inch rack tom, and the other is a 12X14 inch floor tom. They are both Royal Onyx color, which is the one of the 3 newer colors that Pacific came out with. I want to know if you anyone thinks I should sell them seperately on Ebay, or if I should sell them together on Ebay, or if I should sell them some other way. They are almost brand new and very nice (I used the small tom for about an hour total, and used the floor tom for about 6 weeks). I'm just trying to think of the best way to get rid of these, because I think that someone can get a great deal on nice maple drums, because all someone would need would be any snare, and then the bass drum for a solid 4 piece kit. Thanks a lot for the advice. If anyone is interested in these here, feel free to send me a message about them too.

p.s. In case you are wondering why I am selling them, I like to play a 4 piece kit, so I don't need the extra rack tom, and I just received the 16 inch floor tom that I ordered as a replacement, because I like the bigger floor sound better.

Offline Dave Heim

• Honorary VIP
  • August 26, 1955 - November 16, 2012
    • daveheimdrums
    • daveheim
    • Dave Heim
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 06:53 PM »
My gut says to hang onto them in case your music ever calls for you to play a larger set or if you ever need to modify your drum configuration.  Having the extra toms will give you a bit of an arsenal to pick from.  You'll have some options.

That being said, if you really want to get rid of them, I'd offer them together.
Working with: Second Time Around, James Curley, Scraps of Brass, The American Wind Band, and other notable Chicago musicians.

Teaching through Quinlan & Fabish Music Stores.

Offline Jay Northrop

• Platinum Member
  • I'm new to the Drummer Cafe!
Re:Advice on selling 2 drums
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 10:13 PM »
I'll agree with DaveFromChicage and say hold onto them. You like a 4 piece set and maybe one day you'll wish to utalize these drums for your 4 piece configuration. Hold onto them for a year or so and see what happens. If you sell now and need them later you'll kick your self in the butt for having gotten rid of them. Take it from someone who sold a drum once and now never gets rid of ANYTHING, lol.

Offline timtim

• Copper Member
  • I love the Drummer Cafe!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Yeah I really appreciate the advice guys. I've thought about it, and if I sell them, I may make a small amount of money for both drums, but it seems that having a lot more options and possibilities for my setup in the future is a lot more valuable than whatever money I could have made . I appreciate the advice because it really helped me to think about things differently. Also, I can always sell the drums later a few years down the road if I find that I'm never using them. Thanks again!

Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram