Topic: Studio Pictures  (Read 8387 times)

felix

Re:Studio Pictures
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 09:09 AM »
yeah, that will really be justifiable considering I only post the odd solo and snare drum comparison once in awhile.

I might just stick with the ol' "Muckie" for awhile.

Offline RHSquonk

• Cafe VIP
  • Giggity!
    • my myspace space
Studio Pictures
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Wow Drumlooney, that's a sweet space!

Sounds like you have some bitching gear.

Makes my project studio look like a freakin Fostex 4 track!

So I just scored a G4 and am looking to get into some if this ProTools stuff. Would LE be a good enough start? Not doing anything fancy yet. Just trying to get my head wrapped around this computer based stuff on a MAC.

All my recording experience prior to this was on old MCI SONY gear from the 70's. Old-School for sure.
"I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity" - Albert Einstein

Offline Drumlooney

• Cafe VIP
  • Yes that drumlooney!!
Studio Pictures
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Wow Drumlooney, that's a sweet space!

Sounds like you have some bitching gear.

Makes my project studio look like a freakin Fostex 4 track!

So I just scored a G4 and am looking to get into some if this ProTools stuff. Would LE be a good enough start? Not doing anything fancy yet. Just trying to get my head wrapped around this computer based stuff on a MAC.

All my recording experience prior to this was on old MCI SONY gear from the 70's. Old-School for sure.

Hey RHS,

Protools LE is a good program paired with your G-4 you should have no problems, the program is the same what's different is the hardware.  Look into getting a digi 002 if you can it should be plenty to get you started.  Good luck, thanks for the nice words about my studio and feel free to send me a private message if you have any other questions.
You don't practice one day no one notices, you don't practice two days you notice, you don't practice three days everyone notices.

felix

Studio Pictures
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Well, some of you might remember that I was a Cubase user back a few years ago (not my idea to begin with).

After 5 years dealing with this rotten excuse for a program (my opinion) I finally crashed this software in winblows for one last time!
I don't know what's wrong with it, nor do I care! *I can laugh about it now*

So I totally scuttled my 5 year old studio computer and 2 CRT monitors.  The motu828 and glyph drive are going up on ebay ASAP.

I totally reconfigured my studio around my alesis XT 20 making a "super 8" rig- I have a light pipe in with my focusrite digital converters *ISA 428* including my yankee/canadian tube pre and my vintage german pre's *neumann* I have an older Joe Meek *when they were made in england* stereo compressor patched into a side of the tube pre and 4 behringer multicom compressors that can be turned on any time with the focusrite insert activate button.  The one good thing that came out of Behringer IMO was their cheapo compressors.  Really awesome for little munny!

THen I Patched in all my old digital boxes *well just two* into my now vintage mackie 12 channel to mix down and into the converters on my alesis masterlink.  

So far so good- studio is extremely quiet without all the disc drives humming.  Looks better also.  Much more intuitive.  I love the feel of the tape running again for some reason.

We will see how long the old ADAT will work.  I will have to check the head hours on the thing and probably clean it.

I could easily go to 24 bit 96khz sample rates in my studio. But that would cost me around 3500 *alesis HD 24 combined with the new yamaha O1V96V2.  I'm going to try and hold off on that stuff as long as possible.  I really hate another learning curve ahead of me as well.  Plus- what on earth do I need or how could I justify 24 bits and 96khz when I'm making 20/48k right now?

I just want to create on 8 now.  I can save *theoretically, I've never done this* on the masterlink a "mastered" AIFF file.  Then I can import AIFF files into iTunes which will spit out an MP3.

So I'll try to get back to some drumming here *been so darn bizzy lately* and throw up some MP3's and pics of my "super 8" rig.

PEACE

Offline RHSquonk

• Cafe VIP
  • Giggity!
    • my myspace space
Studio Pictures
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 01:00 PM »
sweet. Thanks DL.

I do have a Yamaha AW16 digital 16 track I have been  doing stuff with.
Kinda cool.

I will look into the digi002 (thanks for the tip!), but money is a tad tight right now.

I am also on the hunt for a good submixer for my acoustic kit. I have this old Peavy from like 1980 and its got  a nasty 60 cycle hum I can't seem to find. What a POS.

Anyway, thanks again.

-RHS
"I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity" - Albert Einstein

Drummer Cafe RSS Feeds Drummer Cafe on Twitter Drummer Cafe on Facebook Drummer Cafe on YouTube Drummer Cafe on Pinterest Drummer Cafe on Instagram