• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Our friend Paul is in hospital

Started by smoggrocks, September 26, 2005, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoggrocks

just got word that Paul from the board suffered a heart attack and is in the hospital. I believe he was to undergo surgery this past weekend.

I adore that man. He's a great drummer and a snazzy gent to boot. Always enjoy chatting with him about a great many topics.

he's in room 2105 at denton hospital in texas, if you care to drop him a line:

http://www.dentonhospital.com/CustomPage.asp?quidCustomContentID=62E9811E-9203-473C-87A9-201EEE80F99F]http://www.dentonhospital.com/CustomPage.asp?quidCustomContentID=62E9811E-9203-473C-87A9-201EEE80F99F  

hopefully that link still works.

Get well soon, Paul! We're supposed to be trading fours! :-*

Mister Acrolite

That link doesn't seem to work. Any news on Paul?

Roger Beverage

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on September 26, 2005, 07:14 PM
That link doesn't seem to work. Any news on Paul?

The link took me to a blank page but the frames for the site were there. Click on patient e-mails.

Bart Elliott

Go to  http://www.dentonhospital.com]www.dentonhospital.com

Then click on Patient Emails ...

Name: Paul Miller
Room: 2105

I just sent a message to Paul from all of us here at the Drummer Cafe. If you'd like to send Paul a personal message, just follow my instructions above.

Paul's personal website is here:  http://www.justaddsticks.com]www.justaddsticks.com
His Cafe username is: paul

smoggrocks

thanks for fixing that, bart.

no word yet. i have his home info, but i think it's best to wait and hear from him. this has to be a stressful time for him and his lady.

i really hope he's doing okay.

Tony

So I don't bother you while you're in the hospital;  Get well fast Paul, I need your setup ideas still!  We're praying for you.

agogobil

Paul's operation went well, he's back home, prognosis is good.  He's been posting on a couple of other forums today, so this is good news.

smoggrocks

that's great news! whatta relief. i hope he rejoins us soon.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: agogobil on September 27, 2005, 08:05 PM
Paul's operation went well, he's back home, prognosis is good.  He's been posting on a couple of other forums today, so this is good news.

Other forums? There are other forums?  ;)
Guess we see where DC ranks if he's back and hasn't been here yet!  ;D

Very pleased to hear that he's doing well and back at home.

paul

Sorry to take so long to post here.  Sitting at the computer hasn't been very comfortable, so my forum time has been fairly small lately.

Here's the (abbreviated) story:

Last Thursday (the 22nd) I had a heart attack while sitting on my couch.  After a few minutes hoping the pain would subside I called a friend to take me to the emergency room.

The ER doctor decided fairly quickly that I was indeed having an attack, and thing moved pretty fast from there, including a helicopter trip to a nearby hospital with better cardiac facilities.

Friday afternoon early I had triple bypass surgery, ending at about 5:30 in the afternoon.  At 5:30 AM Saturday they had me walking around the ICU ward.  On Monday they sent me home, where I remain now, with a zipper scar in my chest and a new lifestyle.

Good news is that they said there was no damage to my heart, so I should recover completely.  Bad news is that getting your sternum cut in two hurts like hell for a good while.

I go back to see the doctor in a week or so, but my plan for now is to be gigging again by Dec. 1.  I can play now, but large movements of my arms are, as they say, "contraindicated."

paul

Almost forgot to mention that the stack of emails I got from forum members here and elsewhere were really great, and helped keep my spirits up.

One other hint.  If you ever send similar emails, make sure you include your forum name.  I got several nice ones from folks who forgot to include that info, and I had no idea who'd sent them.

James Walker

Great to hear from you, Paul - glad to hear the prognosis is good!

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Gregg Rivers

Yup! I ditto Mr Walker in that regaurd! I'm so glad you're up and about and the prognosis is so bright!  ;D God Bless you Paul. I hope your recovery is as speedy and pain free as possible bro. ;)

Stewart Manley

Bart Elliott

Great to hear from you Paul.

I happy that you are doing well now, but sorry to hear that you had to go through what you've been through.

Praying (right now) that you will continue to heal and that your pain and discomfort will be at a minimum.

Louis Russell

I am still praying Paul.  Don't try to do too much too soon!

ritarocks

Glad you're ok--good to see you back--lots of folks here praying for you!

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Z.

smoggrocks

holy sweet cannoli!

a triple -- wow!!

so, so glad you are back home and doing well. i'm sure your preferred helicopter ride would've been somewhere over hawaii, but good thing they were able to speed you off to get care.

best of luck with the healing -- don't knock yerself out going overboard -- and you know we'll cheer you on when you get back in the driver's seat!

besitos y abrazos [kissies & hugs]-
smoggy

JW Drums

Glad you are doing well. You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.